INTEREST CHECK ONLY: Savage Worlds Pulp Steampunk

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 18, 2019 11:27 pm
This is only an interest check, as I am still in the planning stages for the campaign (and it will be into the new year before I am ready), but would anyone be interested in a Savage Worlds campaign set on an alternate earth, c. 1890? In this world, magic exists alongside science, and races such as elves and dwarves still walk the earth. In fact, there are eight possible PC races: automaton, human, elf, dwarf, harrowfolk, faerie, goblin, and ork.

Automatons are clockwork beings gifted with sentience. No one knows what sparked their intelligence, but there can be no denying that they exist and are self-aware. Automatons are constructs and are often seen as property, rather than free citizens, though there are groups working to change that, including some of the automatons themselves.

Dwarves are as in most fantasy campaigns; dour and serious earth-dwellers who spend their days toiling in their underground cities and mines, though many choose to become adventurers and go out into the world to seek their fortunes.

Elves (known as Sidhe ("shee")) and faeries are denizens of the first world and must spend eight out of every 24 hours therein or else risk undergoing transmogrification and becoming orks or goblins, respectively.

Harrow folk (also known as ha'folk or, more derogatorily, halflings) are smaller than humans, but otherwise, are similar to the "big folk" (as they refer to humans and their ilk).

As already noted, orks and goblins are what become of elves and faeries who linger too long in our world, but with time, the races have also begun to breed true, and it is possible to have a native ork or goblin.

This is a world of wonders, where travel through the æther is accomplished by great skyships, held aloft by magic. With the development of oxigum, it became possible to travel to other worlds in the solar system, and where Venus is younger than Earth and a hothouse world of dinosaurs and lizardmen, Mars is an older, dead world dotted with the ruins of a once-great civilization.

If this sounds like a world that would attract your interest, speak up and when I get things closer to being actually ready for play, I will post here letting everyone know. The world is definitively steampunk, but with a pulp feel.
Nov 19, 2019 4:32 am
This is very intriguing to me. I look forward to learning more.
Nov 19, 2019 1:14 pm
Sounds interest would you use Deluxe or the new version of the rules? And custom setting or a reskin of another stock setting from SW? Curious about the edges and hits available.
Nov 19, 2019 3:05 pm
I will be using the SWADE (new rules) book. It is a custom setting that draws upon the works of others (such as Space: 1889, Gaslight), and Masque of the Red Death) but the setting itself is original. The trappings are steampunk, but the setting is over-the-top and very pulpish, with death traps and megalomaniacal villains and cliffhangers. I am planning some new Edges and Hindrances, but I'm not yet ready to say exactly what they are (though some will deal with social classes).
Nov 22, 2019 1:50 pm
Well I'm in always up for some SW till PC death.
Nov 25, 2019 7:00 pm
also interested, please keep us posted
Nov 26, 2019 3:08 am
Since there is some interest, how about a sneak peek:

QUEENSBURY RULES
REQUIREMENTS: Seasoned, Brawler, Fighting d8+
The hero’s blow rain down like the impact of a freight train and he is experienced in the science of boxing. His fists are weapons (see Natural Weapons (SWADE, p. 104)) and he is always considered armed. He does Strength+d6 when striking unarmed. If he already has Strength+d6 or higher damage dice from another source, his damage increases by one die type.

KNOCKOUT BLOW
REQUIREMENTS: Veteran, Mighty Blow, Queensbury Rules, Strength d10+, Fighting d10+
The hero has learned to put all of his power into a single, devastating blow that can send an opponent to the canvas! A Raise on a successful unarmed melee attack means that the opponent must succeed at a Vigor roll or be immediately rendered incapacitated.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.