Dropping off the radar

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 20, 2019 9:35 pm
Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but better to post somewhere than not at all.

I am going to be taking a break from PBP for the foreseeable future. I don't really understand why, but my interest in gaming has completely dropped off. If you had asked me two and a half weeks ago, you would have found a committed and excited player. And now, not. I don't really understand why, I guess that's just the way it is.

I feel somewhat guilty about this sudden change, as I have signed myself up to quite a number of games that will now be left short of a player. I can think of at least one that will probably have to be canned in my absence. All the more guilty because the players here on GamersPlane have shown me nothing but friendship and kindness. You have my apologies, but in the longrun I guess it's better to just stop than to ghost along.

Wishing you good gaming

-discourage
Nov 20, 2019 9:43 pm
We have an absences thread, but don't fret. It happens, and it's a risk PbP carries. Doesn't make you any worse a person, and feel free to continue engaging in the social side (heck, our Discord seems to be more and more active). And if you just need to step away completely, GP will be here if you decide to come back. Hope everything works out, and take care of yourself!
Nov 20, 2019 11:33 pm
At least you gave a heads up and didn't ghost. Take care.
Nov 21, 2019 12:32 am
Sorry to hear that! Enjoyed having you along for the ride.
Nov 21, 2019 1:32 am
Take care mate and who knows the passion may return after a break.
Nov 21, 2019 12:46 pm
I think it's worth mentioning that you can still hang around without being in any games if you enjoy the community. Nothing wrong with that. Also, I believe you should spend some time trying to fully recognize what is behind the change you described. Sudden or dramatic shift in passions is a signpost to deeper issues for people like me and a few others here. I'm not saying that you suffer from anything. I'm merely saying that you should spend some time thinking on it and be careful just in case you are similar to some of us here with issues like depression or other similar or related conditions.
Nov 21, 2019 3:41 pm
Well, said, @Linus, and my exact sentiments also. Would love to have you continue to hang around whether you game or not, @discourage!
Nov 21, 2019 4:13 pm
I haven't had much chance to interact with you on the site Discourage, but it sucks to see you leave. I hope things are well for you and you can definitely feel free to stick around just to enjoy the community if you'd like. No pressure to join in any games or anything. Either way, best of luck to you!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.