Welcome

Nov 27, 2019 7:45 pm
Welcome to Galaxy Aflame, a Star Wars Fantasy Flight Games Clone Wars Era PBP campaign.

Please take a moment to introduce yourself and use this OOC board to chat and communicate with your fellow players.

My hope is to make this game yours as much as mine, so feel free to interact with the setting and other PCs. This can take the form of 'interlude' or 'prelude' posts, introducing a contact or relation, introducing a potential subplot, etc. If you want/need a roll or guidance just ask. Investing in the game increases the fun, hopefully, and makes my job of developing the world easier ... and will not go without reward. As mentioned in the 'Campaign Introduction' good roleplay and promoting the fun can be seen in the form of story rewards ... providing opportunities and resources for your character to achieve his/her goals.

I have created a campaign wiki HERE on the Galaxy Aflame board, which will be used a campaign repository and archive of information.

Again, welcome! Here's to hopefully a long and sustainable game!
Nov 28, 2019 4:40 am
I will being trying out a pilot here. I have an engineer going in Mcneils game but have wanted to pilot simce I was introduced to this game but usally let others go for it as I can RP a lot more roles then most of my IRL friends.

Will be doing some Clone Wars research on clones and what kind of back story I would be able to have; I am assuming we are new-ish recruits with little-to-no combat experience.
Nov 28, 2019 5:40 am
I was actually going to say that everyone saw action at Geonosis. I will probably open up a 'Prelude' thread where any and all will have the opportunity to interact and determine who knows each other and who doesn't. I figure we will start as a group of some who know each other and some who don't ... due to replacing losses. Meaning there will probably be a group who began together and some 'new' individuals from a team that was nearly wiped out.
Nov 28, 2019 9:03 am
Hi peeps! I'll be going for a slicer type clone. Had an idea that they would have been part of a strike team that had to take out something critical at Geonosis (maybe the control system for an orbital battery or something) but not sure how that lines up with what you've got in mind Seuss.
Nov 28, 2019 7:08 pm
Raff will be a clone commando. He will be the soldier career, commando specialty with a duty of combat victory. He's pretty much what you expect on the box.
Nov 28, 2019 7:10 pm
Ahoy there! my character is in discussion, but I'm glad to see such a big team.
Nov 28, 2019 7:34 pm
I'm working on a scout/sharpshooter. I'm looking forward to gaming with everyone.
Nov 28, 2019 9:16 pm
Hey guys, I have only very little experience with FFG Stars Wars but the taste I had made me hungry for more. I will be looking for help in character creation please, but going to play a clone to keep things simple.

Looking at a heavy weapons/support or field medic roles.
Nov 28, 2019 9:20 pm
How do you want us to handle starting gear and resources? Also happy Thanksgiving
Nov 29, 2019 3:54 pm
optimumsquare says:
How do you want us to handle starting gear and resources? Also happy Thanksgiving
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!

optimumsquare does bring up a very good question. As your characters will be in the Grand Army most equipment will be provided to them on a mission to mission basis (essentially a story item that is expected to be returned at the end of the mission). That being said you can certainly select equipment up to the value of starting credits that will be gear that your character has personalized and tinkered to his liking that the Army will not be expected to return. Which makes sense if you have ever seen an episode of the The Clone Wars -- most of the Clone troopers have personalized their armor to match their personalities.

With the number of players starting Duty is (5). You may also elect to give up that for additional credits or experience.
Nov 29, 2019 7:22 pm
Hey all! Looking forward to this game. I got clearance for a Force User. Don't know what I want to do with it yet. Sounds like we'll have plenty of Agility/ranged offense/stealth, and Slicer/Intellect, I want to do something a little more interesting than a Lightsaber Spec, so maybe I'll do a "face"-type?

The gear question brings up an interesting point for a Padawan. 500 creds isn't enough to do Robes and a Training-saber, much less a Stimpak or anything supplemental. Any Republic Aid for a wannabe Jedi? ;)
Nov 29, 2019 7:36 pm
I had planned to do something along the axis of political liason/investigator/infiltrator as a Padawan. Is that too close for comfort? Or are you okay having help on that front? I'd be happy to lean harder into the investigator(/inquisitor?) angle if you want to niche protect.
Nov 29, 2019 7:37 pm
Greetings everyone. I was just accepted to round out your unit. I applied with a Sniper/scout type but, after I was told the composition of the unit, with approval I may go Combat Medic/backup sniper. My character isn't a up in your face type but, more of a remain in the background type. Feel a medic sniper would fit that nicely.
Nov 29, 2019 7:44 pm
GreyGriffin says:
I had planned to do something along the axis of political liason/investigator/infiltrator as a Padawan. Is that too close for comfort? Or are you okay having help on that front? I'd be happy to lean harder into the investigator(/inquisitor?) angle if you want to niche protect.
For Force Users, I feel like the Force Powers are where you don't want/need to overlap (whereas a normal PC might be more Characteristics-oriented).

I was looking at going heavy into the Influence and Sense Powers. That step on your toes? I'm happy to do something else.
Nov 29, 2019 7:54 pm
Unfortunately, my copy of Force and Destiny is caught up in the mail, so I can't give any concrete answers on the system side. Sense sounds like something I'd certainly want to go hard in, if it's much like the previous Sense archetype from previous games (Farseeing, Telepathy/Empathy, and Foresight). I think my character might be more focused on reasoned arguments than jedi mind tricks, so, more mystical/internal focus on Control and Alter powers.

I'll be happy to go over it with you in more detail once I get my hands on a book.

(I do have the starter box set - how relevant is the info in there?)
Nov 29, 2019 8:05 pm
GreyGriffin says:
... if it's much like the previous Sense archetype from previous games (Farseeing, Telepathy/Empathy, and Foresight). I think my character might be more focused on reasoned arguments than jedi mind tricks, so, more mystical/internal focus on Control and Alter powers.
Yea, no, there's other, specific Powers for Farseeing and Foresight. Sense is Empathy and Mind Reading (what I planned on doing with it), as well as basically combat augmentation.

But this Force system is nothing like WEG, so I'd say just stop trying to frame your conception of it with that knowledge and wait till you get your book. The Force is much more XP intensive in this system, much more sub-divided, much harder to "use" (without being tempted by the Darkside), and very hard to be "good" at/a long time until you're powerful with it.

Get ready for a shock if you're expecting the Force like it is in any other Star Wars RPG. It is no better than anything else in this game, just different. You're even a little weaker than a normal PC for quite a while, cuz you start out with fewer Skills.
Nov 29, 2019 8:15 pm
Fair enough. Most of my experience is with WEG, with a smattering of d20 in there. I tend to "go wide" in points based systems, often to my own detriment. :\
Nov 30, 2019 1:23 am
So I take when creating a clone we are human race? And then just choose our background or path from either of the books?
Nov 30, 2019 2:56 am
There is an actual Clone species found in Rise of the Separatists. I'm away from my books at the moment but can provide the specifics once I return home.

Meaning Sunday or Monday at the earliest. Unless someone else can share?

Seuss
Nov 30, 2019 5:38 am
Cheers I will see if I can find it
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.