Feature request

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 5, 2019 11:53 am
A nice to have that would help my frustrations would be auto fill feature when writing notes on the the forum. So often I try to send a note then don't remember how the player spells their name. Some kind of feature that suggests players as I type the first few characters (as implemented in things like game invites) would be invaluable to me.
Dec 5, 2019 12:01 pm
I tend to open the character tab and copy the player's name... but often that takes me to the user page ... :(
autofill would be great, if possible :)
Dec 5, 2019 12:20 pm
Or even just a dropdown with all the players in the game. Would get unwieldy in the general forums but I don't think I've ever seen anyone use a note in the general forums.

bowlofspinach sent a note to CESN
Dec 5, 2019 12:38 pm
The Game Invite function has a dropdown that populates with valid usernames when you start typing. I'm not a programmer, so I don't know if that's something that can be brought over to the Note function.
Dec 5, 2019 12:46 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
The Game Invite function has a dropdown that populates with valid usernames when you start typing. I'm not a programmer, so I don't know if that's something that can be brought over to the Note function.
Well... the way to look at these things is more like: everything can be brought everywhere :D It's more a question of how many months it takes to do it 🤣
Dec 5, 2019 2:25 pm
I tend to click the Character button at the bottom which opens a popup list of the players and characters. Then I simply copy the text of their player name and click anywhere else to hide the popup
Dec 5, 2019 3:32 pm
Doing a autocomplete in the forum text editor is really hard, and thus why I didn't implement it. I've looked into how to do it, but so far I don't really know? Not without bringing the editor to a crawl. I'll definitely keep looking at it, or am open to alternate solutions, but right now, it's a bit out of my wheelhouse.
Dec 5, 2019 3:39 pm
Yeah, I can imagine those things are much harder to implement than they look to someone who has no idea about any of this stuff like me xD
And there are good workarounds, namely copypasting names from the characters tab or just the forum history so it's nothing important or urgent, just something that could be neat

You do not have permission to post in this thread.