Ready to dive in!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 9, 2019 7:03 pm
Hi guys!

My schedule has opened up more so I can finally give GP a try at my, hopefully, first game here. ^^

I'm hoping to find a Science Fantasy setting to play in but if there aren't any available then I don't mind Fantasy settings or Supernatural, or even the cosmic horror stuff. :P

Short-term or long-term, either is fine, as is game system because I am new to all of them lol. I am also comfortable with mature themes if that's a deal-breaker for anyone.

I am a dice virgin. I know nothing of tabletops or rpg games, etc...But have heard many wonderful things about it. So for the GM's or fellow players out there, you might have some extra work on your hands with me.

But I hope that my writing experience will make up for my lack of game knowledge. :3 I've been writing for about 15+ years -ish in a variety of freeform forums, fanfiction, short stories, etc...

So let me know if anyone is willing to show this rookie the ropes. : 3
Bye bye! o/
Dec 9, 2019 7:05 pm
Welcome to the site !
Dec 9, 2019 7:08 pm
Welcome! Anyone I have ever played with has always been willing to help new players. And some of us are still learning different systems. Be prepared to have fun!
Dec 9, 2019 7:11 pm
hehe, awesome ^^
Dec 9, 2019 7:15 pm
I'm playing in a fantasy game right now - no Science Fantasy unfortunately - that I think has some cosmic horror stuff as well (It has a sanity system at least).
We are three players currently and could easily fit in someone else if you're interested. The adventure we're playing is originally a D&D module but the GM is running it in his own homebrew system. We've been playing for a while already but are currently at a point where introducing a new character should be fairly easy to do.
Any character who's adventurous and not afraid of the cold would suit our little group :)

If you're interested, let us know and we can get you set up with a character so you can get right into the action
Dec 9, 2019 7:37 pm
oooh, sure!
I'm on Discord if that's easier to talk? : 3
Same username. ^^
Dec 9, 2019 7:47 pm
Welcome to the site! I always appreciate a good writer, I've been doing it for a long time myself, so I hope we maybe get to play together sometime.

Mind if I get your Discord tag too? I'll need the numbers to add you.
Last edited December 9, 2019 7:48 pm
Dec 9, 2019 7:56 pm
: 3
I'm also on the GP discord server ^^
Last edited December 17, 2019 2:14 pm
Dec 9, 2019 7:59 pm
Oh. Seems you have it set to deny friend requests. I'm Bleak#4581, if you wanna add me.
Dec 9, 2019 8:03 pm
oh yea, I have discord set so only server members can add me as friends, else I get random strangers >.>
Dec 9, 2019 11:41 pm
Welcome!

Len

Dec 10, 2019 1:06 am
Welcome!
Dec 10, 2019 1:18 am
Welcome!
Dec 10, 2019 7:01 am
Welcome!

If you don't mind, I'll offer here some of the games I'm in as a player or as GM.

Convenant. This game is about developing and expanding your own fantasy nation! It is very writing oriented, as 300 words for post actions are needed to make the scene more vivid. Suitable for a writer like you!

There is also 2 games I'm GMing. 1 is a setting with pirates, dinosaurs and conquistador vampires!

The other is a game about jumping between universes. So it covers fantasy, scifi, and cosmic horror!

Let me know if you have questions.
Dec 11, 2019 3:15 pm
Welcome aboard! I'm afraid that I don't have much to offer besides standard fantasy fare right now, but that may change as I grow more comfortable with the way the forums work. I have two personal settings, neither of which is being used right now. One is a Savage Worlds steampunk/pulp game set on an alternate Earth, c. 1890. The other is a more standard fantasy campaign set on my own world (Jenneria) and using the Pathfinder 1E game system, with several optional rules in use and a few modifications. Either of these may make an appearance here in future.
Dec 13, 2019 1:22 am
We have a Numenera game running as well, if you're interested in that.
Dec 13, 2019 1:24 pm
I'm getting so many offers, this is awesome :D

I found a game already in the meanwhile and I'm going to stick with just this one for now till I get used to the playing style and such. ^^
Thanks guys, you sure know how to make a girl feel welcome
Dec 13, 2019 1:43 pm
Take 2 or 3 as PbP games tend to be slow and can break down quickly
It's generally good to have some backups :D
Last edited December 13, 2019 1:43 pm
Dec 13, 2019 3:40 pm
oh not to worry, I have other writing projects and rp's on the side. just not on this site. :)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.