The Story So Far: Chapters 1-6 Edition

Dec 17, 2019 10:03 pm
The following is a short recap of major events, interesting sidelights, and useful information from Chapters 1 through 6. Please let me know if I'm missing anything that should be included. This is a work in progress. I will indicate when I believe it's complete, to the best of my knowledge.
Important Events

Upon leaving Meriava through the wards erected around the city, the citizenry started to riot, demanding to be let free. Traveling through the wards, each party member heard something. Kona, Yelnar and Ephwrath's auditory 'visions' have all either occurred in-game or have been referred to in-game.

Original party of seven departed Meriava, charged with exploring the post-War landscape. They headed south into Alcave to get supplies at Yelnar's family estate, outside the lakeside village of Viamard. A second party (NPC) left at the same time, headed east toward the Vaelt.

The party encountered a strange race of sentient frog-people, who helped them across the lake. It was theorized that wild magic was responsible for the frog-people's sentience. They told tales of being in thrall to 'knife birds', likely a race of similarly sentient herons. The party suggested they would help after gathering info in and around Viamard.

Viamard was found to be in control of the One-Eyed Crows, an apparent mercenary gang under the evident control of Ildemu, a Rhamian man.
Jan 6, 2020 6:02 pm
After journeying to Yelnar's family estate, it was discovered that the Crows had overrun it and taken Renaya, Yelnar's mother, prisoner. Furthermore, a stylized red "D" in the shape of a triangle was painted on the gates, suggesting a link between the Crows and the mysterious Garand Disos, someone the party was secretly warned about upon leaving Meriava. The story is that he seeks to rid the world of magic.

In looking about the estate, a curious note and hand-drawn picture was discovered that might be interesting to look into further.

Returning to Viamard, the party learned a few things: one, the area around Viamard is prone to suffering from vicious magical storms that have wild and unpredictable effects on the land. Two, the Crows have access to some sort of potion or other drink that allows individuals to sense magic use. The potion seems to have some physical effect on its users, making them itchy, irritable, or twitchy. Three, after discovering that Renaya was being held in the Viamard citadel, the party learned of tunnels under Viamard. These tunnels housed the remains of the townsfolk of Viamard, who hid there away from both the Crows and the storms. There they met a halfling named Willitan, who had been helping them organize, though he was not originally from the village.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.