In Search of Pathfinder 1e w/ Spheres

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 18, 2019 3:40 pm
It's been a while since I last posted 'round here, but I suppose it's time I tried finding a fresh game. I am a big Pathfinder fan, but more so of the 3rd party content, Spheres of Power/Might. And as you can guess, I'm looking to play a bit of PF with some Spheres involved.

Ideally, I'd like to find a mid-level game (because the first few levels are boring for me), and hopefully with a bit of focus on the action and adventure than anything else. I'd love to have gestalt rules in place as well, but I can make do without.

That said, I am willing to help anyone looking to learn how Spheres work. I know for many, 3PP is a massive red flag, but frankly, I find it to be a great re-balancer in PF, narrowing the caster/martial divide, while also giving everyone more customization.
Dec 18, 2019 7:43 pm
I'm tempted to do this simply because I enjoy Pathfinder and hate the original magic system of it, so this might be more palatable to me.

That said, I probably wouldn't start at a level any higher than maybe 3-5 (to avoid rules overload) and without Gestalt rules.

I was considering allowing the new classes, but I could also stick with mostly core classes with the special archetypes that convert them into Spherecasters. Once again, this would reduce rules bloat for me as I'm already familiar with the normal classes.
Dec 18, 2019 8:01 pm
Most of the Sphere classes really do not add much new stuff to the system, although there's a few worth avoiding. Mostly Technician and troubadour are the clunky ones, IMO.

That said, I'd be fine with level 5 and without gestalt. Maybe roll up a Mystic Magus or Prodigy - gotta get my gish in LOL
Dec 19, 2019 1:53 pm
This sounds really interesting. Never heard of Spheres until this post. Now to read over the wiki and absorb...
Dec 19, 2019 3:28 pm
Even if a game doesn't come of this, I'm glad I'm introducing it to people.
Dec 19, 2019 4:28 pm
Let me know if a game comes up, I would be interested in seeing how it runs.
Dec 19, 2019 8:52 pm
I'd be up for this kind of game, I like the spheres stuff just never had a chance to play it.
Dec 20, 2019 3:03 am
Created the game: https://gamersplane.com/games/2201

You do not have permission to post in this thread.