Hello from Syd

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 13, 2016 9:46 pm
Hey all. I'm Syd (which is probably clear from the Title above). I've been playing D&D since 1981 and have played every edition except for "OD&D" from the white books and 5e. I am currently running a 4E game with my friends (it is the edition we know and love) and will probably be at this for a while.

I'm a bit interested in joining in a PbP game, specifically of the FATE system (which intrigues me a lot), but I'm cautious about doing so as I've never done a PbP game before (well, I did once, sort of, but that's another story) so I don't really know what to expect.

Anyway, hello to all.
Jan 13, 2016 9:47 pm
Welcome Syd! I think that this is a great place to get your feet wet in new systems, and all the people here are really great. Hope you get a chance to jump right in and start playing!
Jan 13, 2016 9:55 pm
I like 4E, so good for you for coming out about that. We should all have a 4E prode parade some time!

Welcome to the GP and enjoy it!

Btw just join one game or just read one. Making a character is the hardest thing but you get used to it.
Last edited January 13, 2016 9:56 pm
Jan 13, 2016 10:28 pm
Welcome Syd! Glad to have you with us. As Nattkinson mentioned, I hope you can find a game quick! Be sure to check out some of the public games on the forums; hopefully that'll help give you an idea of what to expect. If you don't find a game quite to your liking, you can always start a post in the Games Tavern forum, and find like minded people to play with!
Jan 14, 2016 12:48 am
Kjmagle says:
I like 4E, so good for you for coming out about that. We should all have a 4E prode parade some time!
Thanks! I think a parade would be awesome!

I'm actually fairly active on a forum dedicated specifically to 4E. Right now we're working on putting some of the old Character Optimization posts back together from scraps of the old "official" forums. Fun stuff.
Jan 16, 2016 6:09 pm
Hello and welcome.
Jan 19, 2016 7:46 pm
Hi Syd, and welcome!
Jan 19, 2016 10:17 pm
Hello Syd, and welcome! I'm actually in a 4E game right now here on GP. The title is Dragon Pool and it's my first time with 4E. The game thread is public so you're welcome to read along. :-)

Cheers!
Jan 20, 2016 3:23 am
skwyd42 says:
Kjmagle says:
Thanks! I think a parade would be awesome!

I'm actually fairly active on a forum dedicated specifically to 4E. Right now we're working on putting some of the old Character Optimization posts back together from scraps of the old "official" forums. Fun stuff.
It is what you make of it. I also food some IDW comics that has characters in the back and they also made a module of the adventure.

It is worth just for the read alone.

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag326/Kjmagle/8FEEEB7F-5DA4-419D-A04A-57ED603813A7_zps4xax0wzq.jpg
Last edited January 20, 2016 3:24 am
Jan 20, 2016 7:52 pm
I'll have to look for those comics. There might be some gems in there that can be used in my games.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.