Characters:

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 22, 2019 11:07 pm
So this will be the character thread. and I put all the info in the wrong spot (Typical). please roll here for your stats and then post up a character your thinking of playing under them. i don't know how the sheets work do you just post a link in after they are complete?

Party:
Abner Dubelnacht lvl 1 Cleric player: Aldrusian
Garth Cooper lvl 1 Fighter player: funfungiguy
Origg of Clan Deepstone lvl 1 Dwarf player: dominion451
Dram Usani lvl 1 Thief player WhtKnt

Character Sheet: all thanks to funfungiguy (quote this than copy below here to paste in the sheet)

Name:
Alignment:
Class:
Level:

Armor Class:
Hit Points:

ABILITIES
Strength:
Intelligence:
Wisdom:
Dexterity:
Constitution:
Charisma:

SAVING THROWS
Poison/Death Ray
Magic Wand
Stone/Paralysis
Dragon Breath
Spells/Magic Staff

Languages:
Special Skills:

EQUIPMENT CARRIED
Normal Items:
Magic Items:
PP: GP: EP: SP: CP:
Gems: Total Value:

Experience:
Bonus/Penalty:
Needed for Next Level:

Other Notes:
Dec 22, 2019 11:38 pm
Guess I need to repost the character gene rules as I can't find them. Pleas roll 3d6 for each stat in order then post them listed out below that with some concepts in mind for your character. For Starting Gold please roll 3d6+5 (x10) to purchase your starting equipment, and any leftover might be used for potions and scrolls during the party building stage (in other thread). We shall see how things go when we get there.

Note: Age of Worms is set in the magically heavy version of 3.5 D&D, but I will be playing the world as magically light, so instead of a +1 dagger it might just be "well balanced, and very sharp" i.e. mastercrafted This is so that when you do find a magical item it will feel like the grand reward it is.
Dec 23, 2019 4:25 am
ability scores: ST, DX, CN, IN, WI, CH - (3d6, 3d6, 3d6, 3d6, 3d6, 3d6)

3d6 - ( 3, 5, 2 ) = 10

3d6 - ( 4, 3, 2 ) = 9

3d6 - ( 1, 3, 4 ) = 8

3d6 - ( 2, 3, 6 ) = 11

3d6 - ( 4, 6, 3 ) = 13

3d6 - ( 2, 2, 4 ) = 8

These are the numbers for my Cleric. He is quickly passing through middle age and has yet to be recognized for his piety and management skills in the temple. Perhaps it's his looks that deter people from looking at him as top level material. As a small child he was beset by terrible diseases that caused blistering to his face and arms, scars that never fully healed. Although he is convincing in his speech people can seldom look upon his for any length of time without having to turn away. When asking why he has not received promotion he is seldom given any answer at all and when it does elicit a response it's never satisfactory. He has decided to master the martial part of the church and so practices daily with the mace and sling. Thinking that such a life would take him away from the temple for months at a time if not longer, the clergy has bent over backwards to provide anything he needs to hasten his way out the door.
Dec 23, 2019 6:00 am
https://i.imgur.com/nr9SZwg.jpg

Name: Garth Cooper
Alignment: Lawful
Class: Fighter
Level: 1

Armor Class: 2 (1 w/ Shield)
Hit Points: 7

ABILITIES
Strength: 15 (+1)
Intelligence: 9 (0)
Wisdom: 9 (0)
Dexterity: 14 (+1)
Constitution: 7 (-1)
Charisma: 8 (-1)

SAVING THROWS
Poison/Death Ray 12
Magic Wand 13
Stone/Paralysis 14
Dragon Breath 15
Spells/Magic Staff 16

Languages: Common, Lawful
Special Skills:

EQUIPMENT CARRIED
Normal Items: Sword (Normal) - 1d8; Bow (Short) - 50/100/150 1d6 (20 Arrows); Platemail Armor; Shield; Backpack; Torch (6); Iron Rations (1 Week); Rope (50'); Tinderbox; Waterskin;
Magic Items:
TREASURE
PP: GP: 4 EP: SP: CP:
Gems:
Total Value: 4GP

Experience: 0
Bonus/Penalty: +5%
Needed for Next Level: 2000

Other Notes:
Garth Cooper is a 42 year old, former soldier. Twenty years ago he was renowned among his fellow soldiers for his strength and bravery during battle, but the years haven't been kind to Garth. With battered bones, knees that groan under the weight of his armor, and lungs that hack and cough a buildup of phlegm from years of breathing the burning oils of siege warfare, Garth has found himself broke and in dire need of some coin, and has with great reservations, donned his platemail and battered shield again, and sought out a party to adventure with.
Last edited December 23, 2019 11:26 pm

Rolls

STRENGTH - (3d6)

(165) = 12

INTELLIGENCE - (3d6)

(335) = 11

WISDOM - (3d6)

(625) = 13

DEXTERITY - (3d6)

(644) = 14

CONSTITUTION - (3d6)

(421) = 7

CHARISMA - (3d6)

(134) = 8

Starting Gold - (3d6+5)

(243) + 5 = 14

Dec 23, 2019 4:56 pm
I'm not sure what you're doing with dropping scores in one place and adding them in another. I don't have the rulebook so I didn't know that this was something that was allowed. Where can I find that information?
Dec 23, 2019 5:19 pm
Aldrusian says:
I'm not sure what you're doing with dropping scores in one place and adding them in another. I don't have the rulebook so I didn't know that this was something that was allowed. Where can I find that information?
After your Attributes have been assigned:
https://i.imgur.com/iJcDb34.png
Dec 23, 2019 9:50 pm
I just saw that now too. Unfortunately, it doesn't do much for me. I could only increase my Wisdom to 14 by reducing my Intel to 9 and it can't go below that. Not worth it. I copied your character sheet layout but I had to embolden each subheading individually. Pain in the butt but it's done now.
Dec 24, 2019 9:56 pm
Here we go, fingers crossed...

Rolls

Strength - (3d6)

(561) = 12

Dexterity - (3d6)

(124) = 7

Constitution - (3d6)

(335) = 11

Intelligence - (3d6)

(134) = 8

Wisdom - (3d6)

(656) = 17

Charisma - (3d6)

(414) = 9

Starting Gold (x10) - (3d6+5)

(632) + 5 = 16

Dec 24, 2019 10:02 pm
Looks like a dwarf to me... I'll take my Wis down to 9 and add the 4 points to Strength, the low dex works thematically for a dwarf and I'll have plate mail and a shield to make up for it AC-wise.
Dec 24, 2019 11:00 pm
https://i.vgy.me/CgVo3J.jpg
Name: Origg of Clan Deepstone
Alignment: Lawful
Class: Dwarf
THAC0: 19
Movement: 90/30
Armor Class: 3 (plate, shield, dex -1)
Hit Points: 8 / 8

ATTRIBUTES
Strength: 16 (+2)
Intelligence: 8 (-1)
Wisdom: 9
Dexterity: 7 (-1)
Constitution: 11
Charisma: 9

SAVING THROWS
DR/Poi: 8
Wand:9
Plys/Stn:10
Breath:13
Rd/Stf/Spl:12

Languages:
Common, Lawful, Dwarven, Gnomish, Goblin, Kobold

Special Skills:
- Infravision
- Detect traps, sliding walls, sloping coridors, new construction in dungeons, 1-2 on 1d6

EQUIPMENT CARRIED
Normal Items:
Sword 1d8 (60cn)
Plate Mail AC3 (500cn)
Shield AC-1 (100cn)
Sm.Sack (1cn)
-Iron rations 1w (70cn)
-Waterskin (30cn)
-Hand Mirror (5cn)
-Large sack (5cn)

Magic Items:
Encumberance:
Weapons: 60cn
Armor: 600cn
Equipment: 111cn
Total: 771cn

Treasure:
16gp
2 gems (20gp each)

Bonus/Penalty: +10%
Needed for Next Level: 2200

Description:
Short and stocky with a long brown beard and steel grey eyes that burn with a spirited intensity. The scars of Origg's training are numerous, evidence that dwarves do not learn easy lessons.

Personality:
Rough around the edges but undeniably kind hearted, Origg would rather lay down his life than see a weaker man slain. A love of ale and pipe weed find him most often telling tales of battle by the hearth in the local tavern, but the Dwarf's true home is on the road.
Last edited December 24, 2019 11:55 pm
Dec 24, 2019 11:07 pm
I have a fair amount of gold left over, I would be willing to buy a mule that we could all use to transport our gear (rations, water, 50gal barrel of ale, etc...)
Dec 29, 2019 2:32 am
https://i.vgy.me/NJfcUs.png

Name: Dram Usani
Alignment: Neutral
Class: Thief

Armor Class: 7
Hit Points: 4

ABILITIES
Strength: 9 (no adjustment)
Intelligence: 8 (can write simple Common words)
Wisdom: 9 (no adjustment)
Dexterity: 12 (no adjustment)
Constitution: 10 (no adjustment)
Charisma: 12 (4 retainers, morale 7)

SAVING THROWS
Poison/Death Ray 13
Magic Wand 14
Stone/Paralysis 13
Dragon Breath 15
Spells/Magic Staff 16

Languages: Common, theives' cant
Special Skills:
Open Locks - 15%
Find Traps - 10%
Remove Traps - 10%
Climb Walls - 87%
Move Silently - 20%
Hide in Shadows - 10%
Pick Pockets - 20%
Hear Noise - 1-2

EQUIPMENT CARRIED
Normal Items: Leather armor, short sword, short bow, quiver w/20 arrows, standard rations (1 week), thieves' tools, waterskin, 50-foot rope, 10-foot pole
Magic Items:
PP: GP: 0 EP: SP: CP:
Gems: Total Value:

Bonus/Penalty: n/a
Needed for Next Level: 1200

Other Notes:
Dram is not, as they say, the sharpest implement in the shed. He was never taught any beyond the most basic words in the Common tongue and though he speaks it well enough, he has trouble with his reading and spelling. Still, he presents a clean, tidy appearance and is generally a likable sort.

Dram's mother died from fever when he was a lad, and he never knew his father. As his mother was a "working woman," there were literally endless possibilities. He has no siblings of which he knows. Dram grew up on the mean streets of Specularum, and was taken in by a kindly thief named Garnet, who taught him The Arts and introduced him into the guild. Garnet proved to be a good mentor, but a lousy father, spending most of his time drunk. Dram learned what he could from the elderly thief and then set out on his own.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.