Dungeon World, High Fantasy: Interest Check

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 24, 2019 5:48 pm
Hi! New to these forums, but a long-time player and GM (since D&D3.5 came out).

I'm thinking of running a high-fantasy Dungeon World game, and I'd like to check if there is any interest here. I was inspired by this system after playing in a game at a recent convention, and have been watching games on YouTube as well.

What I have in mind is...

● I'd run a published D&D adventure since I have like a ton of those. Maybe something short like The Sunless Citadel or similar to start, and if successful, continue on to something longer like Curse of Strahd or The Temple of Elemental Evil. I like a published adventure since I can think less about the story and really focus on running the system/game.

● I have none of the books, so I might restrict the sources to the SRD. After all, DW doesn't seem like a game for those who like mixing and matching a hundred classes, feats and whatnot.

● I'm looking for a posting rate of 3-5 posts per week. I have a steady work schedule so I'm fairly certain I can keep up the pace. I'd prefer players who can keep up as well.

Thanks a lot for your time. Happy Gaming! ^__^
Dec 24, 2019 6:18 pm
I've been looking to play a PbtA game for a while. I'm interested!
Dec 24, 2019 8:57 pm
I would love to play sunless citadel as a Dungeon World game! Happy to fill any position the party needs and I can post as frequently as needed.
Dec 24, 2019 10:52 pm
Hi, I might be interested. I'm thinking of playing a druid.

and, even without books, here is a list of loads of playbooks

If you click on 'Cost' (the cursor will change to text, but click anyway), the site will list free ones first.
Last edited December 24, 2019 10:58 pm
Dec 25, 2019 12:16 am
Very interested in playing either a bard, thief, or wizard personally.
Dec 25, 2019 1:13 am
I'd love to play some DW~
Last time we tried to start one it died out quickly when the GM didn't post anymore...
Interested in more or less all standard playbooks and many of the fan made ones, if they'd be allowed :3

Also I haven't yet played most of the published material for DnD, so I can experience it as a first~
Last edited December 25, 2019 3:02 am
Dec 25, 2019 10:48 am
Great to hear some interest here. Thanks! ^_^

I'm setting up a game (The Sunless Citadel) that is set into a homebrew campaign setting, Kat'ha (named after my native language's term for "fiction"). I've always used a blank homebrew setting for my games since it makes knowledge of the setting equal for all of us - players and GM alike. We'll be building this world together. ^_^
Dec 25, 2019 2:58 pm
Hey if you're still looking for players I'd love to give it a shot. I've been wanting to play Dungeon World for a while now.
Dec 25, 2019 9:44 pm
Cant wait! I've read the Dungeon World source books but never found a DM wanting to play it. Super excited!
Dec 26, 2019 12:13 am
Quote:
Kat'ha (named after my native language's term for "fiction")
Filipino?
Dec 26, 2019 4:13 am
Yeah, still open for apps. Still new here, so not sure what I'm doing, but I'm accepting players so they can create their applications, and am thinking of just removing later those players not selected. Is there a different way of doing things here?
Caesar says:
Filipino?
Yep. ^_^
Dec 26, 2019 6:25 am
Have you created a game thread yet? You have to click the Games tab at the top of the page and "start a new game"
Dec 26, 2019 6:26 am
Then you would want to link it here so people know where to apply. You will have to use the custom sheet template since this forum doesnt support Dungeon World sheets
Dec 26, 2019 11:59 am
Hi there,

I saw that your game is already full with 6/5 players, but i would like to apply too. I would play a cleric dwarf. I have way too much free time because of an chronic illness, so you don't need to worry, that I'll stop posting.

Best Regards
Creedear
Dec 28, 2019 3:32 am
Creedear says:
I saw that your game is already full with 6/5 players, but i would like to apply too.
The game is still in the recruitment stage. That 6/5 just means I have 6 applicants for the 5 final slots. What I'm doing is accepting applicants as players, and would then remove players later once I accept the final 5.

So, if you'd like to apply, Join the game and make your application character. ^_^
Dec 28, 2019 6:37 am
Since the website considers the game as full, I think he can't apply. But you can invite him through the game menu :D
Dec 28, 2019 7:11 am
Caesar says:
Since the website considers the game as full, I think he can't apply. But you can invite him through the game menu :D
Nice to hear that :3, but yes Caesar is right. cant join without invitation
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.