Interest Check Würm - Prehistoric Adventures

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 25, 2019 10:13 pm
Würm is a system-lite RPG set in the last period of the Ice Age 35,000 years ago. Characters don’t have Attributes or even Skills, but they are instead described by Strengths like Secret of the Bear or Eye of the Panther and Weaknesses such as Fearful or One-Eyed.

In Würm you will find adventure in the prehistoric past of our own world. In this long-forgotten time, many powerful creatures roamed a vast territory covered in steppes and taiga, reaching from the white mountains to the raging sea: mammoths, aurochs, bison, giant deer, cave bears and cave lions. Among these huge creatures, two species of humans live in small communities of hunter-gatherers: the robust Bear Men (Neanderthals) and the taller Long Men (Cro-Magnon, or Cavemen).

When you play Würm, it will be up to you to imagine what life was like for our ancestors, and explore your own vision of this time. During your adventures, whether simply surviving or going on perilous hunts or legendary quests, your characters will gain strength, wisdom and prestige by exploring unknown territories, daring to enter the darkness of mysterious caves, seeking out the powers of ancient spirits, or challenging the creatures of the night.

For the most part, the rules only require a few 6-sided dice. Most of all, they were designed to be well adapted to the atmosphere of the Stone Age. For example, to develop the characters, you won’t need skills and stats, but a number of Strengths and Weaknesses that are connected to specific totems. Additionally, Talents and Secret techniques represent the abilities that a character may learn, such as painting, shamanism or certain combat techniques.

The game rules have been developed to be as close as possible to established archeological sources, carefully relaying what we know of the technical knowledge, the environment and part of the culture of our ancestors.

Looking to see if there is any interest in this type of game and time period with the view to possibly running it next year.
Dec 25, 2019 10:37 pm
I've never heard of this system but it sounds really interesting. Count me in I'd love to try it.
Dec 26, 2019 4:56 pm
Great! Looks like we might have at least 2 or 3 (Awsmack indicated interest on Discord.) I will post the game sometime in January.
Dec 26, 2019 6:48 pm
Is there a SRD somewhere or a shared document for the sourcebook? Couldn't find any free downloads online, although the 2d6 system seems simple enough... it's more character creation I'm curious about.
Dec 26, 2019 7:04 pm
No I would have to share what you need for character creation. I'd have to parse it out. I got it on sale at DriveThruRPG many months ago but it is $14.99 now.
Dec 26, 2019 7:36 pm
Awesome I'll keep an eye out for when you post the game.
Dec 26, 2019 7:54 pm
Or possibly could look into using the Wurm setting and converting it to the Tiny Dungeon rule set? Thoughts?
Dec 26, 2019 11:26 pm
Interested on discord as well as GP. Not familiar with tiny dungeon...I'm mostly interested in the setting and am indifferent to system, so I'm game whichever way we go.
Last edited December 26, 2019 11:28 pm
Dec 27, 2019 5:19 am
Same for me. The setting is what's interesting to me, I'm not familiar with either system.
Dec 27, 2019 6:52 pm
This looks interesting and different enough that, if I have time, i’ll join. Wurm is best for me since it will be even more different :)
Dec 27, 2019 6:56 pm
I'd be a new player for either system. I'll cast my vote for Wurm tjough, it does sound more interesting between the two.
Dec 27, 2019 7:10 pm
I'm new to either, but the premise sounds intriguing.
Dec 30, 2019 10:19 pm
Ok I've decided to go with the Wurm rule set. I'll have something up by next week. Preference will be given to those that have shown interest here and and on Discord which will pretty much fill up the game at 5 players.
Dec 30, 2019 11:15 pm
Nice looking forward to giving it a shot.
Dec 31, 2019 3:18 am
I backed the Wurm Kickstarter and would love to play but have too many games on the go. Have a great time.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.