Interest Check superheroes: Godlike or Aberrant

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 28, 2019 1:18 am
Hi everyone, being on leave these few days has foolishly given me the notion that I can afford to start another game. I'm thinking one of these interestingly themed superhero settings.

Godlike (subtitled Superheroic Roleplaying in a World on Fire 1936-1946) is a heavily themed WW2 superheroic setting by Detwiller and Stolze. Thanks to the war, powers are awakened, with the first parahuman coming from the Axis, an ubermensch as it were. The game focuses on war and combat missions, and a campaign could run from how the war started all the way to its end. It's got some interesting dice mechanics that looks for matching rolls in your dice pool.

Aberrant is White Wolf's idea of superhumans. Post-human, set slightly in the future, lots of powers, but at the gradual cost of Taint, ie the more powerful you are, the less human you become. Clear factions in its world as is the case for WW, and the familiar WoD Attribute + Skill mechanic. Lots of flexibility in creating any kind of superpower combination possible, and design-wise the game can be structured to any preference.

I'm offering Godlike because someone asked for it, and Aberrant because there was a good game going on here for a while but the GM couldn't continue.
Last edited December 28, 2019 3:24 am
Dec 28, 2019 3:10 am
Aberrant!
But having said that... Over-extending yourself will be bad for all involved. :( A one off adventure might be fine.
Dec 29, 2019 4:00 am
I'm interested in the Abberent game. I'm thinking of going with a borderline insane level of corrupted by
Taint.
Jan 3, 2020 2:20 pm
Rather quiet on the interest, so, thanks @annex and @roaries for thinking about it, but I won't be starting this.
Jan 3, 2020 6:21 pm
BedzoneII says:
Rather quiet on the interest, so, thanks @annex and @roaries for thinking about it, but I won't be starting this.
Well, it IS around the holidays :P

If you want to start this, I'd bump it every so often. I can guarantee you will get the interest for it :)
Jan 3, 2020 6:22 pm
Naatkinson says:
BedzoneII says:
Well, it IS around the holidays :P

If you want to start this, I'd bump it every so often. I can guarantee you will get the interest for it :)
THIS !!!
Jan 3, 2020 6:28 pm
I'd be down to try it. I have zero WoD experience and haven't played Whitewolf's system, but I don't mind learning or shelling out some $$$ to grab some pdfs.
Jan 5, 2020 1:18 am
Thanks for the bump @naatkinson @cosmic_cube. I'll let this stew here for a while longer then.

Noted @a_true_believer ! I'll holler if/when I start this.
Jan 5, 2020 2:32 am
I have very little experience but Godlike looks interesting to me, either way I would be interested if you get this up and running, I'm new to this but if you'll have me I'd be down

You do not have permission to post in this thread.