Looking for a Numenera game

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 4, 2020 2:47 pm
Hi!

I’ve read great things about Numenera, and would love to try if an experienced GM is interested in running it. 🙂

The only open game I found is [Numenera] Islands of Antiquity, which is almost 1 year old.
Jan 4, 2020 5:29 pm
That game had really slowed down although it is still going on. Right now Falconloft is GMing it, the third of a round robin style GM thing we're trying.

I have a metric ton of Numenera adventures, and would be happy to run one for a group of new players, if there are other interested parties?
Jan 4, 2020 6:20 pm
How did the round robin style turn out, I’m interested?
Quote:
I have a metric ton of Numenera adventures, and would be happy to run one for a group of new players
😍

Did you make them yourself, or are they "official" written adventures? I couldn’t find that many around.
Jan 4, 2020 6:25 pm
Well, the round robin idea is working I think. The reasons the game slowed was due to player and GM attrition. In fact, when the sending GM left in the middle of his adventure, the round robin style meant we could just advance to the next GM and keep gong.

As to the Numenera adventures I probably have all of the official ones, plus a bunch from magazines. So that of course means that I typically make up my own adventure and have only used one official one so far.
Jan 5, 2020 1:40 am
I would be interested in joining up if you got room
Jan 6, 2020 8:41 am
I'd be up for it
Jan 6, 2020 8:07 pm
What version are you considering running? I'm familiar with Robin's original game for which I was a registered playtester. I'm not all that in favor of the newer games I've seen running here. I like the discovery aspect of Numenera and could care less about fighting.
Jan 6, 2020 8:26 pm
I would also favor discovery over fighting.

Concerning versions, I guess that would be Qralloq’s call. I have the 2013 rulebook myself.
Jan 6, 2020 8:32 pm
I've got all the versions, I think. Original is fine with me; there are no real changes between them and they're fully compatible.
Jan 6, 2020 8:45 pm
I've set up a game here: The Nightmare Switch.

This is the second adventure Monte Cook wrote for Numenera, and has very little combat required.
Jan 10, 2020 4:19 am
We have three signed up. There is space for another. The Aeon Protests need your help!
Jan 10, 2020 7:43 am
Never played Numenera but i've looked over the book and I could be interested playing something like a Strong-willed Jack who Rides the lightning.
Jan 10, 2020 2:08 pm
Qralloq says:
We have three signed up. There is space for another. The Aeon Protests need your help!
Aeon Protests or Priests?

You do not have permission to post in this thread.