Recruiting GM for my Ixalan game

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 5, 2020 2:50 am
Hi all. I'm now getting into a good pace for the game. Trying to start mysteries and plot points and what not. But I now find myself having lesser time to make posts, so I need an assistant/replacement. If you fancy yourself to GM a game about dinosaur riding mayans or conquistador vampires on a mysterious magical island, then you are what I needed!

Send me a message, and we will discuss the plot I have in mind.
Last edited January 5, 2020 2:50 am
Jan 17, 2020 11:53 am
Do ask me questions, and I'll answer them.
I'm looking for those that are confident that they can create an interesting adventure/plot for the players. I won't ask about your ability, you can judge by yourself.
Jan 17, 2020 4:38 pm
Okay first and foremost what is the base game system you are using -- 5e?

Next how many players -- what has been done so far -- any special rules you are using?
Last edited January 17, 2020 4:39 pm
Jan 19, 2020 5:14 pm
Right, sorry. Here's the link to the game.
Yes, its based on dnd 5e. The previous GM of this game has 10 max, so I'm going with that. There is now 3 active players.

So far, the party have reached a port after defeating an infamous undead Slaver pirate. They are currently in a winning fight against thugs sent by a mysterious buyer of the old ship the party took from the undead captain. The reason was that the buyer knew that he has been cheated a bit as a couple of items from the ship is found to be sold off.
Last edited January 19, 2020 5:15 pm
Jan 19, 2020 5:25 pm
Special rules:
[ +- ] Combat Panic
[ +- ] Choice of average or rolling
[ +- ] Quicker XP rewarding
Last edited January 20, 2020 2:46 pm
Jan 20, 2020 7:33 am
Okay I will take a look
Jan 20, 2020 9:37 pm
Okay first question of the currently active players are any of these characters evil in alignment (aka CN, LE, NE, or CE)
Jan 21, 2020 1:28 pm
They are LN, NE, and TN.

So it seems they lean on the evil and neutral side. After all, they are now a pirate crew who are after wealth and their own personal intentions. And one is literally Maui from Moana.
Last edited January 21, 2020 1:31 pm
Jan 21, 2020 4:16 pm
Okay then I might have to bow out -- as I have restricted myself (for personal reason) to only running heroes of stories and not wishing to get into alignment debates I simply do not see an Evil aligned character to be the heroic type -- and I am borderline on TN as I find most folks play that more CN than NN. Now if players do not have a problem with picking a non-evil alignment and play as the heroes of the story I will continue forward but that has to be their choice as I understand that some folks like to play evil and that is fine -- to each their own -- I just do not GM those kind of games any more.

And Maui was/is heroic just a bit self centered -- I would put him down as CG heavy on the C ;)
Last edited January 21, 2020 4:17 pm
Feb 7, 2020 1:21 pm
I'm still open for a GM to take over.
Feb 13, 2020 11:22 am
I'll be honest in that I did not establish lots of things, but created lots of hooks. You can decide the resulting plots of the hooks yourself. Do ask me questions about this.
Last edited February 13, 2020 11:23 am
Feb 15, 2020 6:23 am
This is your final opportunity. I'm now stopping very soon.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.