Into the Borderlands Interest Check

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 6, 2020 11:00 pm
I have a copy of OAR1 Into the Borderlands, which is Goodman Games' 5th edition adaptation of B1 Into the Unknown and B2 Keep on the Borderlands. It combines the two adventures (and let's face it, they should have been combined anyway) into one super-adventure that has been expanded upon. Would there be any interest in taking on this adventure? If we can keep it going, I might even be persuaded to meld it into OAR2 Isle of Dread. This is not a recruitment thread; I'm just trying to gauge interest.
Jan 6, 2020 11:04 pm
Remembers those adventures feels some nostalgia.
I might be interested as it is 5E and that system is easy
Jan 7, 2020 12:00 am
I can dig it. I'd like to join.
Jan 7, 2020 3:00 am
Hey count me in. I've been interested in playing those adventures.
Jan 7, 2020 6:36 am
5E is my favorite D&D system, and those are some classic adventures (by reputation - I haven't played or read them). Definitely interested. ^_^
Jan 7, 2020 8:59 am
Quite interested. How many players and moves per day/week were you envisioning?
Jan 7, 2020 3:03 pm
Okay, that's enough interest to make it worthwhile. I'm thinking about six players. Realistically, I expect a move every day except weekends. If the players respond more quickly, then I will respond more quickly and we could conceivably get several moves a day, but there is a caveat:

My wife is legally blind and I am her eyes. I do all the driving, take dictation for her emails, read her emails to her, and handle helping her get elderly family members to appointments, etc. (her father does not drive, either). Sometimes I get bogged down in things that she needs to be done and I will go a day or two without checking the boards. In addition, my weekends are almost always taken up (as both she and I work for a local convention) and we do a lot of traveling to local cons. When not doing convention work, we support a local club and I run a face-to-face game every other week on Saturdays.

You do not have to be unfamiliar with the original modules, but I do expect separation of player knowledge and character knowledge. In addition, certain elements of the original modules have been changed slightly to better fit the D&D 5e rules and I've changed/added a few things as well.
Jan 7, 2020 3:43 pm
Interested if there are still spaces available.
Jan 7, 2020 11:31 pm
Okay, I'll send out invitations to those who responded. Since there were only seven responses, I'll just accept all of you.
Jan 7, 2020 11:45 pm
Alright sounds good looking forward to it.
Jan 8, 2020 8:19 am
Thanks WhtKnt. Just wondering, as far as character creation goes, what attribute generation methods you allow (rolling, standard array, point-buy)?
Jan 8, 2020 5:13 pm
Let's do point buy, as I think some of the others have already done so.
Jan 8, 2020 6:36 pm
I did standard array as it fit what I was looking for.
Jan 8, 2020 6:42 pm
Okay, let's do it this way. Standard array or point buy, as both should come out about the same.
Jan 10, 2020 3:05 pm
Is there room for a lurker? Perhaps a character, I was weened on 1981 edition of D&D so I would like to see where it has gone to.
Jan 10, 2020 4:07 pm
Always room for lurkers. All slots are filled, unfortunately, but you are welcome to look in and watch.

https://gamersplane.com/forums/5510/
Last edited January 10, 2020 4:08 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.