OOC Thread

Jan 8, 2020 4:12 pm
Use this thread for OOC discussion.
Jan 8, 2020 5:17 pm
Any one up for a session 0?

I'd like to know what others are planning on playing. I was thinking of a very generic human fighter, or a cleric.

If anyone else isn't playing cleric, I think I might be more interested in that.
Last edited January 8, 2020 5:31 pm
Jan 8, 2020 5:36 pm
Yeah, a team-building session might be nice. Maybe establish starting relationships - unless we're supposed to start as strangers. ^_^

I'm playing a Half-Elf Hexblade with the Outlander background. He's more about utility and support than straight-up damage-dealing. Planning for him to take Pact of the Tome later.

https://i.imgur.com/vBJWnG1.png
[ +- ] Stefan, Half-Elf Hexblade
Last edited January 8, 2020 5:42 pm
Jan 8, 2020 6:43 pm
I was quite attached to a character I built for a KoTB game run by Tani here on GP with the original dnd B/X rule set. He was an elf, which was kind of a fighter/wizard class (yep, races were classes back then). Liked the character concept and would like to port it into this fifth edition version. He would start as a wizard, with the sage or noble background and who would multiclass into fighter. Would that work? Also, are there any rules for attribute generation, or do we just pick and choose methods?
Jan 8, 2020 6:43 pm
Sounds good I'm playing Uldrik Fanghammer a variant human Barbarian, Basically planning on making him a big ol meatshild with a greataxe.
Jan 8, 2020 6:57 pm
matmaisan says:
He would start as a wizard, with the sage or noble background and who would multiclass into fighter. Would that work? Also, are there any rules for attribute generation, or do we just pick and choose methods?
According to the GM here, we can use either Point Buy or Standard Array (because this is just a predetermined point buy anyway).

The standard requirements for multiclassing from Wizard to Fighter are Intelligence 13, and Strength/Dexterity 13. Unless the GM has extra requirements, that's all you need to make the build work. ^_^
Jan 8, 2020 6:58 pm
OK I'm making Brother Gregor, a Helm worshiping cleric (light domain) with acolyte background.
Jan 8, 2020 7:08 pm
Sounds good I think we should have a pretty solid party all together.
Jan 8, 2020 7:34 pm
DM, What Pantheons are we using? Just want to make sure I pick a god that exists in your campaign setting!
Jan 8, 2020 7:46 pm
My Cleric is more the skill monkey than anything Cleric- Arcane Domain thinking of him as the Sherlock Holmes of the group Expertise in Investigation.
Jan 8, 2020 8:53 pm
I will be playing a druid forest gnome and would be fine doing a session 0
Jan 8, 2020 9:44 pm
I was going to go with human ranger, myself.
Jan 8, 2020 10:01 pm
For this game, let's use the Greyhawk and Nonhuman pantheons, because why not? Might as well embrace the "old school" feel.
Jan 8, 2020 10:08 pm
Garl Glittergold !
Jan 8, 2020 10:33 pm
Boccob for me then.
Jan 8, 2020 10:49 pm
Group so far:

Half-Elf Hexblade(Outlander) - utility/support; distant with eldritch blast; face of the group??
Elf Fighter/Wizard Bladesinger? - front line or bowman??
Human Barbarian - meatshield w/greataxe
unknown race Cleric(light) - healing combined with fireball nice
Human Cleric(Arcane) - skill monkey/ backup healer
gnome druid - another healer/spell atks?
Human ranger - archtype? could use one more frontline fighter plenty of healers to help out
Jan 8, 2020 10:52 pm
Gnome Druid and more a dexterous close in fighter then spell attacks.
Jan 8, 2020 10:56 pm
As the meatshield I do love having so much potential healing.
Jan 8, 2020 11:10 pm
I was going to go Gloomstalker, actually. I plan to make more of a bruiser thief than a woodsman
Last edited January 8, 2020 11:10 pm
Jan 8, 2020 11:11 pm
We seem the hexmap explorer types ^_^
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.