Printing game posts

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 28, 2016 12:29 am
Is it possible to print out the posts from game forums without the extra stuff, More like a book form with the poster's name and the post.
Jan 28, 2016 12:32 am
For context, this came up in email previously, and I asked this be brought to the forums so we could discuss, if I were to make a "print page", what info would we want on it? What would that be?
Jan 28, 2016 10:07 pm
I think it'd be kind of cool to have like the username and possibly the game the post is in or something like that.
Jan 28, 2016 10:10 pm
Would it read more like a script or a story?
Jan 28, 2016 10:58 pm
I would think the formatting would simply match the flow of the post. It would depend on what the post looks like. I wouldn't think there would be much need of a change from the way the boards look now. I would want the "word balloon borders" removed for printing. They are great visual elements on the screen but they would be a waste of ink since they don't really serve a purpose, and ink is so expensive. I've heard it is more valuable than gold by weight, though I don't know if that is true.

But what about avatar portraits and pictures. I don't use them often, but they add a lot to posts. They also would potentially use up a lot of ink when printing.

Also links might cause an issue. Once printed you can't click it obviously. So would we want those full url shown in the text. I guess?
Jan 29, 2016 4:11 am
I think if it would print. The avatar or character pictures would just be on the first page. Like the game page showing whonis playing what. The reset would just be character names if possible. Like a script.

I would hope that would be an easy route.
Jan 29, 2016 11:46 am
Remember, if you change the order content is in, this becomes a new page. Sure, I'd copy paste from the current thread page, but still, it'll increase dev time.
Feb 2, 2016 1:07 am
I would like it with a simple user/character name and the post in text only with spaces or dividers in between posts. Mainly I think a simple less ink intrusive way to have a hard copy would be nice.
Feb 2, 2016 2:14 am
I'll start working on mockups. I can't say it'll be soon; I have a lot of features that'll take priority, but I will definitely do this. I gotta finish the redesign and recode first. Specially with me going to GenCon this year, I wanna have the new site up and tested for a bit before I go.
Feb 2, 2016 2:25 am
It would be cool if you could, when selecting print options, include/exclude rolls or OOC comments. This way you can customize the amount of information you want. Just an idea.
Feb 2, 2016 2:37 am
Great suggestion!
Feb 13, 2016 2:31 am
Looking forward to it!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.