Look For Players: Star Wars 5e

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 24, 2020 3:33 am
My name is Zek and I will be your DM. I am currently looking for players for my brand new Star Wars 5e campaign, Star Wars: Tales From The Old Republic. Set in the Expanded Universe/Legends continuity, fifty years after the events of Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, players will start the campaign at the 3rd Level, participating in a search and rescue mission for a Republic scouting team searching for answers to troubling rumors on the Outer Rim. This game is for all levels of experience, and the information to learn the game is free on the Star Wars 5e website, links to the information are in the game forum itself. If you are a fan of Star Wars, 5e, or just want to jump in to an adventure full of intrigue, danger and good ol' fashioned roleplaying in the Star Wars universe, you are cordially invited.

Feel free to either PM me here or message me on discord at Daros#4549.
Jan 24, 2020 8:46 pm
Can you explain what Star Wars 5E is? Is this a hack of D&D 5th edition? (I know you said it's on the website, but others will likely have this same question.)
Jan 24, 2020 9:33 pm
So, it is essentially less of a hack and more of an entire setting for 5e. It still runs off of the 5e SRD with a few tweaks to the system, such as a couple skill renames, a system for space combat and starships, and an appendix full of neat house rule and homebrew ideas. Though I am sure I am missing some of the changes in this post. I chose this over FFG because I think the books are a bit easier to understand and there is more content geared for play outside of the Clone Wars and Galactic Civil War, also the books are free so they are available to anyone who wants to play or organize a game of their own.
Jan 24, 2020 11:18 pm
I'm potentially interested if you still have spots. I've been wanting to play a star wars game but I don't have access to the ffg books at the moment so this seems like a great option! The only thing is that I don't have much knowledge of the expanded/legends history. I know you said it's for all levels of experience, but I wasn't sure if that's for both the system and the setting. I'm reasonably familiar with the timeline/setting encompassed by the movies/series.
Last edited January 24, 2020 11:19 pm
Jan 25, 2020 12:23 am
Thanks, although I had found the website (had a quick read through, looks great), but I didn't notice a section that summarizes the details of the old republic era (perhaps I missed it). What I'm concerned about is not knowing enough about that era to play/contribute effectively.
Jan 25, 2020 12:31 am
Build that into your character Chalrytharendir nothing wrong having some character from a backwater planet that knows next to nothing about the goings on -- then just take some time to watch some of star war movies -- that will give you a general gist of what was going on
Jan 25, 2020 1:24 am
Thanks DeJoker, that's a cool idea, I'll definitely work something like that into my background so I can be naive. Although just to clarify, I am very familiar with the movies. I'm not familiar with the books/video games about the old republic era.
Jan 25, 2020 1:31 am
Well then there you go, you can use your knowledge of the movies to sort of give you some idea of what was going on that you heard third hand or such -- keeping in mind that some of it might not be 100% accurate --- kind of like ... Did this really happen it sounds to fantastical... or maybe you only got bits an pieces or vague information -- the Rebels blew up a really really big ship This allows you to draw on your movie knowledge without it truly affecting ones naiveté
Last edited January 25, 2020 1:32 am
Jan 25, 2020 5:36 am
You're more than welcome to play Chal. I will send you an invite, there is a bit more information on stuff in the game forum, and if you have any questions just go ahead and send me a PM or post in the help section of the game forum.
Jan 25, 2020 5:44 am
Well, I don't recommend using the movies has reference for what's happening because the Knights of the old Republic : the Sith Lords happens roughly 4000 years before the movies. It is before the Sith established the rule of two, so there are groups of Sith and Jedi running around. It is also not the same Republic as the movies.
Jan 25, 2020 6:04 am
@zek, cool, I'll start thinking about a potential character
@thevagrant, good to know, I'd better do a little googling to see if I can find a summary of the era and I'll have to accept I'll be doing a lot of learning as I go, but that'll be fun
Jan 25, 2020 6:13 pm
If you still have room, I have played this once before and would love to play again.
Feb 5, 2020 6:12 am
I am also interested but very tardy.
Feb 5, 2020 3:08 pm
I'll give it a go, played both KOTOR games and enjoyed them a great deal.
Feb 6, 2020 5:27 pm
If there is still room I absolutely loved KOTOR and dabbled with SWOTOR as well

You do not have permission to post in this thread.