5e Dnd Game.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 25, 2020 10:45 am
The Monster Hunters Guild!

Help a newer DM to 5e get a better feel for the game! New and veteran players welcome! Most of my experience IRL is with 3.5, about 4 years and about a dozen sessions worth of 5e but want to get a good feel for it and hopefully start a long lasting game!

Check out the game post!

The Monster Hunters Guild
Last edited January 25, 2020 10:52 am
Jan 25, 2020 2:37 pm
I'm interested and applied to the game. Not sure if I want the blood hunter spot, but the Order of the Lycan does look fun.
Last edited January 25, 2020 2:45 pm
Jan 25, 2020 3:02 pm
I'm interested, too~
Currently looking for inspiration on a character, dunno if it will be a blood hunter yet.
Jan 25, 2020 5:21 pm
For character options, are you sticking to the PHB or would stuff from Xanathar's be allowed too?
Jan 25, 2020 6:36 pm
I'd love to be in a game run by someone who loves DnD. I've played it for 42 years and never get tired of it. I've put in an app and will start thinking about a character. Probably not a blood hunter. That sounds a little like a Ranger but I'm more of a traditionalist and don't know all the new classes. I would probably tend more toward a Bladesinger.
Jan 25, 2020 6:45 pm
Some play is good.
Jan 26, 2020 3:33 am
Sounds interesting. I have applied.
Jan 26, 2020 9:32 am
I'll take the blood hunter spot though I have no ideal what that is.
Jan 26, 2020 10:16 am
The Blood Hunter is a class that was made by Critical Role GM Matt Mercer for Critical Role. The idea is the following:
Quote:
In a landscape tormented by all manner of beasts, devils, and abominations from beyond the veil, most live in fear of the dark, of superstition, and of the unknown. Some grow hardened by this experience, instead choosing to stand up and fight against the tide of shadow.

These folk are called ‘heroes.’

Some, however, are so fanatical and bent on destroying the anathema that plagues the countryside that they embrace dark, forbidden knowledge. They sacrifice some of their own vital force in dubious, forgotten blood rituals to better understand their enemies. Their methods sometimes blur the line between themselves and the evils they hunt, calling their own humanity into question.

These folk are called ‘Blood Hunters.’
They can hurt themselves to do more damage with their weapons and curse enemies with various effects.
The subclasses are The Lycan (Werewolf, The Ghost Slayer, The Mutant (close to Geralt of Rivia from the "Witcher" series) and The Profane Soul (Warlock mixup)
Last edited January 26, 2020 10:20 am
Jan 26, 2020 2:45 pm
They also suffer from lone wolf syndrome and are at high risk of increased edginess levels. ;)

I'm thinking paladin. Nothing sure yet.
Last edited January 26, 2020 2:46 pm
Jan 26, 2020 3:16 pm
Yeah the potential for edgyness is definitely given...

I just rediscovered the battle rager barbarian... It sounds like a lot of fun but the consensus on the Internet seems to be that it is bad,
in terms of stats...
Still, I kinda wanna play a screaming spiky ball of rage and death~
Jan 26, 2020 4:00 pm
I will take Blood Hunter in the event that Crossfire changes his mind. Barring that, I would likely play some sort of Ranger.
Jan 26, 2020 7:55 pm
Oh it was Mollymock, I see. I would like to play a great weapon blood hunter. So either a dragonborn or hulking human. A huge blade on his back, and/or maybe a glaive. I'm thinking of someone who doesn't hit often but when they do it is a tremendous boom!
Jan 26, 2020 7:57 pm
Caesar says:
I kinda wanna play a screaming spiky ball of rage and death~
Love the picture this put into my head.
Jan 26, 2020 8:02 pm
Like Sonic the Hedgehog.
Jan 26, 2020 8:51 pm
I haven't seen any formally published material for a 5e Blade Singer but there is a wiki and it seems similar to the published material for the 3.5e Blade Singer. The only difference seems to be that the 5e class starts at Blade Singer where the 3.5e required a couple of previous classes to qualify. At one time and for several years I played a multiclassed Elven Bard/Illusionist. The Blade Singer I played in 3.5e started as a Bard/Fighter. I guess it will depend on what kind of stats I'm able to roll.
Jan 26, 2020 8:59 pm
The Blade Singer has been published for DnD 5e, as a wizard subclass in the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide.
https://i.imgur.com/GRbRHYb.jpg
Last edited January 26, 2020 8:59 pm
Jan 26, 2020 9:22 pm
Thank you. I'll look for it to get the details.
Jan 27, 2020 4:21 pm
Applied to the game.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.