Holidays

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 3, 2014 4:13 am
So how was everyone's Thanksgiving (for those of us in the US, anyways)? From the general lack of banter on the site it seems like everyone's still recovering from their turkey/vegan turkey binges.
Dec 3, 2014 7:41 am
It went pretty well, spent most of it with the in-laws and managed to still have a good time. And you are correct, still trying to claw my way out of the turkey carcass.

How was yours?
Dec 3, 2014 3:38 pm
No, as a vegetarian, let me say that vegan turkeys are a monstrosity visited upon earth. Its only for people who WANT to eat meat but aren't and can't give it up, which is a stupid way to live.

I did, however, have the same Thanksgiving party I've been having and loving for the last decade and a half. What started with some 12-15 people has now grown to well over 40, and it grows each year. Good food, good friends, good times. How about yourself Deus?
Dec 3, 2014 4:01 pm
Now I'm curious which countries we've got represented here. We had our Turkey day a month and a half ago up here in the Great White North.
Dec 3, 2014 4:07 pm
Canada celebrates thanksgiving in September? Interesting! Do you guys do the same thing, a la turkey, cornbread, mashed potatoes, etc.?

My Turkey day was about the same, though swap extended family for in-laws. Ate too much, drank too much, embarrassed myself in front of family and had them return the favor. You know, the usual. Found out Boston Market makes a bitchin' mac n' cheese.
Dec 3, 2014 4:41 pm
Thanksgiving in Canada is the first weekend of October (pretty close to Sept). Otherwise, it's the same deal (food, family, long weekend).
Dec 3, 2014 6:02 pm
Holidays were great but the fallout both at home and in business are a little much. Still haven't been able to get on and make posts. Rest assured I am alive and will soon.
Dec 3, 2014 10:56 pm
I'm glad to see things are starting to pick up a bit now that everyone is coming back to the real world of online gaming.
Dec 4, 2014 4:22 am
Holidays here are crazy busy since tourists like to do a lot of shopping here since we don't have sales tax..
Turkey day was good, family and food and trying not to fight, etc.
December is always a hellish month for me. Slow = no money coming in. Birthday = car reg + inspection. Xmas = spending too much on the few people i get gifts for. And also means tourists and ski season starting x.x

You do not have permission to post in this thread.