Any interest in Shadowrun 4e with just Core Book?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 31, 2020 2:02 pm
Trying to learn Shadowrun 4e and am just seeing if anyone is interested. Want to only use Core Book and maybe later introduce supplements, thoughts?
Jan 31, 2020 2:07 pm
Give me a little time to read up a little on the core book but yes, I am down for this. I've been looking for the opportunity to learn a new game without getting overwhelmed by the experience of others.
Jan 31, 2020 2:13 pm
Ok cool man, yes I am still new to Shadowrun as well. Played it a bit like 25 years ago, but never GMed it. 4e is the books I just got though, so I wanna use them. Shadowrun is a tough read, but we can try this together lol. Here is game link:

https://gamersplane.com/games/2297
Jan 31, 2020 5:44 pm
Why are you learning 4e with 5e out there? Just curious
Jan 31, 2020 5:50 pm
And 6e out there as well by now xD
Jan 31, 2020 5:51 pm
I got some 4e books from an estate sale, so even though 5e and 6e are out there, I want to use the 4e books I got.
Jan 31, 2020 6:31 pm
Sometimes I prefer older editions to newer. It's all down to your own preference. I know plenty of people that will play older editions just because they enjoy them better. That's my opinion anyhow.
Jan 31, 2020 7:59 pm
Thanks PHIL490 that makes sense hope it goes well

Tezcahtan_Prince thanks but I am aware there are numerous reasons to use an older set of rules -- but to start learning them kind of implies one has not really played them before so it would not be a case of having a preference for them ;) which is why I had asked -- note I also did not say there was anything wrong with it either -- it was just a curiosity
Feb 1, 2020 3:52 am
Just putting it here, I'm currently running a 6e game. If you need to check it out, or want to talk 4e, drop me a note! Quick bit of advice if you need it: if you're stuck with some ruleset in 4e, check out its equivalent in 5e, it'll probably have fixed it for the better.
Feb 1, 2020 4:01 am
How's 6e compare to 4/5, BedzoneII?
Feb 1, 2020 6:58 am
Fewer details to track, but still on the crunchy side. We're still to-ing and fro-ing a lot to clarify rulings, and the OOCs are longer than actually posts at the moment, even though we've been playing for just over a month now.
Feb 5, 2020 1:45 pm
I’m sorry, DeJoker. I wasn’t trying to accuse you of arguing or anything like that. I was only adding to the conversation. If it came off accusingly, I do apologize.
Feb 5, 2020 3:55 pm
I preferred 4th ed.
It's the version I'd use!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.