Character Sheet

Dec 4, 2014 4:19 am
Hey all, so first and foremost I would love to see if I could get some input and feedback on the combat character sheet that was designed for my system. This is purely for combat and has none of the spaces on it dedicated to things you do outside of it (aside from the schools of magic really).
I had posted a request on another forum asking for feedback on this, and the literal only response I got was "it looks like it only has to do with combat".... T.T, clearly I was quite unimpressed with this feedback as I opened with the "This is the -combat sheet- for my game" line.

Anyways, this is the first prototype for my game. Non-combat: items, skills, equipments, etc that pertain to out of combat will be on a separate sheet, which I have yet to design.
Let me know what you all think, any questions or comments are more than welcome :)

https://experienceltd.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/combat-sheet-test.jpg?w=627
Dec 4, 2014 7:31 am
Immediate reaction, it looks like it will be a LOT of information crammed on one page when printed. I don't know if this would work with what your system needs, but I might remove one box each from Armaments and Combat Abilities in order to make each of those boxes and the spaces within a bit larger.
Dec 4, 2014 5:23 pm
One of the main guidelines I have for making a form that someone is going to fill out by hand is that any box or line should have enough space for 16 pt font to fit in. anything smaller than that and people aren't going to be able to write effectively in them.

My second thought would be to maybe make the combat abilities into a table instead of each one having their own seperate boxes, though yuou would have to reorganize your page to make it a table.
Dec 5, 2014 11:13 pm
The idea is for centralized combat information on one page without needing to look through multiple places to figure out what something does :)
I could probably Take an armament out to make room for primary and secondary weaponry to give more room.

That's not a bad guideline, i personally don't write tiny and the people i've had test with the sheet so far haven't had spacing issues with the size - without trying to cram everything in.

I'm not sure how a table would work for this, since each combat ability is going to different in how they work, they'll need a bunch of space sometimes for being able to fit what they do (again, so we don't need to look through pages of reference material to figure it out). The idea is that some of the abilities will be used often enough and be customized in ways you want them very handy.

I realize i haven't really gone into any detail about my system however, and things are always subject to change ^-^

You do not have permission to post in this thread.