Pathfinder 2E vs. Playtest

Feb 5, 2020 10:25 pm
PF GMs- How different are 2nd edition and the playtest? I get that 2E will be more polished, but I ask because I'm not especially familiar with either, and I picked up a playtest adventure for Free RPG Day last year.

I've read through the adventure, and I'm trying to decide if it would be fairly simple to convert to 2E with a minimum of fiddling and confusion, or if I'd need to run it with the playtest rule set. Anyone familiar with both?
Feb 6, 2020 12:40 am
PM Naatkinson. He's familiar with both rulesets. They did changes some stuff, like Resonance, but I could not say what's material.
Feb 6, 2020 1:45 am
I didn't actually play the Playtest but have read it and run a fair amount of 2E - I think it would be pretty easy - most of your DCs and modifiers etc would be unchanged, it would really just be the loot side of things which might change a bit.
Feb 6, 2020 1:58 am
Overall, it is much the same. There were some changes, but much of it is tweaks rather than sweeping changes. And they clearly cleaned up the presentation quite a bit as well.
Feb 6, 2020 12:59 pm
Great, thanks! Sounds like I can use the 2E rules then and cover any differences with more or less on-the-fly tweaks.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.