Hm... seems like you're using IE. Can I suggest a better browser, such as Firefox, Chrome or Opera? There are other choices too.

If you wanna stick with IE, or can't switch, I'll warn you right now, while most of this site should work with IE, stuff might come up buggy, so you might not enjoy it as much...

Pathfinder 2E vs. Playtest

Feb 5, 2020 10:25 pm
PF GMs- How different are 2nd edition and the playtest? I get that 2E will be more polished, but I ask because I'm not especially familiar with either, and I picked up a playtest adventure for Free RPG Day last year.

I've read through the adventure, and I'm trying to decide if it would be fairly simple to convert to 2E with a minimum of fiddling and confusion, or if I'd need to run it with the playtest rule set. Anyone familiar with both?
Feb 6, 2020 12:40 am
PM Naatkinson. He's familiar with both rulesets. They did changes some stuff, like Resonance, but I could not say what's material.
Feb 6, 2020 1:45 am
I didn't actually play the Playtest but have read it and run a fair amount of 2E - I think it would be pretty easy - most of your DCs and modifiers etc would be unchanged, it would really just be the loot side of things which might change a bit.
Feb 6, 2020 1:58 am
Overall, it is much the same. There were some changes, but much of it is tweaks rather than sweeping changes. And they clearly cleaned up the presentation quite a bit as well.
Feb 6, 2020 12:59 pm
Great, thanks! Sounds like I can use the 2E rules then and cover any differences with more or less on-the-fly tweaks.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.