Interest Check for AfterSchool Activities homebrew

Feb 9, 2020 10:35 pm
I've just finished writing up some rules for my first homebrew game. Any interest in playtesting it? It's a survival horror game about a malevolent darkness, with a focus on narrative play. Rules are simple and easy to remember and play.

Rules are here.
Last edited February 9, 2020 10:36 pm
Feb 10, 2020 10:58 am
I read the document and I'd be interest in trying it.

Did you post this on reddit at some point? The intro seemed familiar when I saw it
Feb 10, 2020 11:16 am
Is it a short playtest you're looking for? I'll have to read, but it could be interesting (if I find the time :D )
Feb 10, 2020 4:30 pm
Let me read the rules. I'd be down ;)
Feb 10, 2020 5:06 pm
It'll probably be a oneshot, but I'm not sure how long it'll play out since it's the first playtest. Probably will end up being a pretty short game. Not much reading involved either.

I did post on reddit before I started developing the game, just to get more ideas before I started making the rules. I haven't posted the rules there yet, since I wanted to write some GM tips for running the game first.
Feb 10, 2020 5:14 pm
I made a character and read through the rules. Right off the bat, I love the "pairing of dice" part of your action resolution mechanic. I can see how rolling them all out on a table and hunting for pairs could be exciting! Idk if you're interested in feedback yet or not, but just message me if that's something you'd like.
Feb 10, 2020 5:16 pm
You can send me feedback right now if you want, although I'll also have a feedback thread in our game. Just DM me in Discord, or use the comment feature on the doc.
Last edited February 10, 2020 5:17 pm
Feb 10, 2020 5:20 pm
If you don't mind, I'd like to use the comment feature, then you can see exactly what I'm referencing.
Feb 10, 2020 5:25 pm
That's cool, go right ahead. I'll eventually make the forum for the game, either sometime today or tomorrow.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.