A FLGS directory

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 4, 2014 9:38 pm
Through Twitter, I began wondering if there is a directory of FLGS (friendly local gaming stores) out there. The overall response was not really. Wizards has a list of stores that work in their programs, but that's about it. I was thinking maybe there should be one. One tool I plan to add to Gamers' Plane one day is a system to help you link with other players IRL in case you for some reason didn't want to play a game on the site, and wanted to play IRL. Yah, I'm not really sure why you'd want that...

Given that there's really no resource people could think of, I began considering what it would take to make something like this. I figured it should be Zaget-esque: list out the store, hours, location, contact info, types of stuff they sell, features like gaming space, etc, plus user reviews.

So a few questions:
1) Do you guys know of any resource like this?
2) Would something like this be useful to you?
3) Would you be willing to mention gaming stores near you to maybe find other gamers for live games?
Dec 4, 2014 9:46 pm
There used to be some thread or geek lists on Board Game Geek that had this type of information. Not sure how useful they really were though. Not something that I ever had a lot of interest in as there aren't that many FLGSs in this area it's not too hard to keep track of them.
Dec 5, 2014 4:53 am
That was my big thought; FLGS aren't all that abundant, and often you're forced/pushed into using one over others due to logistics. I suspect if it was a useful item, someone else would have built it before now. But at the same time, I wonder if simply knowing about other FLGS in the area, what events are going on, etc, might be useful?

You do not have permission to post in this thread.