Vague IC: Old school

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 15, 2020 2:41 am
I've been considering running an old-school campaign. That is to say, starting with the Saltmarsh trilogy (U1-3), moving to the Desert of Desolation (I3-5), the Scourge of the Slave Lords (A1-4), and then Queen of Spiders (GDQ1-7).

Now for the catch. It would all be in AD&D 1E. Needless to say, this would be a BIG undertaking and I would want committed players who are willing to stay with it if the game gets slow (because it will). It would also be theater of the mind for combats and such (since there were no AoOs).

However, if you are willing to be patient with delays and can handle the requirements, I could be talked into running it.
Feb 15, 2020 9:15 am
Hey, I am interested. Though, I have 0 experience with AD&D but always wanted to check it out. I have some experience with 5e (not sure if it much help) though. I am more than fine with game being slow, as with my busy schedule the slower paced games are what I am looking for.
Feb 15, 2020 2:48 pm
Slow, but steady. The one thing I can promise is that I will stay with it as long as the players do. I'm looking to start sometime after the first weekend in March (as I have a convention to help manage at that time).
Feb 15, 2020 7:05 pm
This is a monster of an undertaking! I'm doing a run of Temple if Elemental Evil, Scourge of the Slave Lords, Against the Giants, and Queen of Spiders. All converted to 5e
Feb 15, 2020 7:17 pm
Converted is nice, but can deal with AD&D too.

Naatkinson: Missed your Temple if Elemental Evil, Scourge of the Slave Lords, Against the Giants, and Queen of Spiders. All converted to 5e. I did catch two of your other games.
Last edited February 15, 2020 7:20 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.