Any interest in a 1e AD&D Dragonlonce game?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 18, 2020 12:38 am
So I would like to do a 1e AD&D Dragonlance game, but I don't know if there is any old players here? I have played 1e a bit, but would love to GM for Dragonlance. Using my own adventures, not modules. Books allowed would be PHB, DMG, MM and Dragonlance Adventures. Thoughts?
Feb 18, 2020 1:56 am
While I am not personally interested *, rest assured that there are plenty of people on this site that have been playing since the 70s or 80s. In my experience, most people have fond memories of the Dragonlance stories, too!
[ +- ] * personal reasons
Feb 18, 2020 4:29 pm
I like dragon lance, but not a big fan of 1e too much.
Feb 18, 2020 8:40 pm
I've played first edition AD&D - it is what I started with - I think that is the same.
Feb 18, 2020 9:21 pm
I liked the dragonlance novels a lot when i was a kid and have a nostalgic urge to play a game in that world, but I've never played 1e ad&d. I played 2e ad&d as a kid, but not since then and I don't have access to any of the books, so i don't think i can join. I've been considering to run a dragonlance game using "Fate" or " Dungeon World" but haven't taken the leap yet. You're making me crave some dragonlance though, so i might need to go for it soon.
Feb 20, 2020 8:01 pm
I've never been in a AD&D game that lasted long, so I'd potentially be up for it if you find the players, but I'm reaching teh limit of my time, so I might be a slower poster.
Feb 21, 2020 8:36 pm
I'll be interested in playing this definitely. I was in a game in here that just died off after a while. Love dragonlance books
Feb 24, 2020 6:26 pm
I started playing D&D and in the late 70s and would be up for 1e game. I'm not super familiar with Draglonance though.
Feb 24, 2020 6:41 pm
Lots of old players here. I'm afraid my plate is full, though. Have a great game!
Feb 26, 2020 3:02 pm
Sorry guys, had to go out of the country unexpectedly. I am back though and who is all still interested? 1e books can bought on DriveThruRpg as PDFs if you don't own any. I would only want to use the 3 core books and Dragonlance Adventures. That is really all you need to play. I know Dragonlance from 2e, but I have to brush up on 1e too, so no worries if you are learning too. Thanks
Feb 29, 2020 3:38 am
1st Edition Dragonlance would be outstanding!
Last edited February 29, 2020 3:38 am
Feb 29, 2020 4:13 am
Don't know if you were saving a spot for me, but I haven't had time to pick up the 1e rules yet, so OnceUponAnAxe can have my spot. But if you need another player or if anyone drops out let me know and I might give it a try.
Feb 29, 2020 8:13 pm
Know the setting, know the system, read all the books, got all the 1e stuff... I'm in!

Always loved DL, true high fantasy right there. Loved the post-apocalyptic aspect of the world with steel being more valuable than gold and used for currency. I think maybe only DL and Dark Sun ever messed with the gp that way. Let's roll some stats and see who's gonna be what!
Feb 29, 2020 8:29 pm
One request would be to at least use 4d6 drop the lowest if not point buy... 3d6 always makes it hard to meet the reqs for the cooler classes like Knight of the Rose.
Feb 29, 2020 8:30 pm
Also starting above 1st would be great but I realize DL is kind of a "grow your kids into heros" type of campaign setting lol.
Last edited February 29, 2020 8:30 pm
Feb 29, 2020 9:41 pm
Definitely more source material for DL 2e, you got the Tales of the Lance Box Set and the Player's Guide to Dragonlance, not sure there was a 1e source book that detailed races and classes from a game mechanic perspective.
Last edited February 29, 2020 10:02 pm
Mar 1, 2020 12:06 am
Never mind, found it...

Dragonlance Adventures 1st Edition
Last edited March 1, 2020 12:06 am
Mar 2, 2020 7:46 pm
Hey guys, terribly sorry, but I have some real life issues coming up and I will have to cancel this game. Truly sorry, but I need to resolve these issues first. Maybe another time, my apologies.
Mar 2, 2020 8:09 pm
No problem - I hope things work out well for you
Mar 2, 2020 9:51 pm
Please message me if you do decide to run DL, I would love to go back to Kyrnn. Good luck with your situation, hope all is well.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.