[Recruit] WFRP4e: Enemy Within - Newbies Welcome

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 25, 2020 11:27 pm
Please note that this campaign will be hosted offsite.

Hi all,

I am planning to start up a play-by-forum campaign for the "Director's Cut" of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying's classic The Enemy Within adventures in early-to-mid-March. I have a couple of quality players on board, and am ideally looking for 2-3 more.

If you are interested, please do not consider lack of experience with Warhammer an impediment to joining. I will supply plenty of support on rules and lore, and am more interested in playing with quality, dependable players than WFRP experts (not that there's anything wrong with WFRP experts).

To learn more, please see our info page here, and if you're interested in joining, please submit a little bit of info about yourself to the application page.

I'll try to get feedback to applicants directly by the weekend, but any questions in the meantime, I should also be able to check in here as well to respond.

Thanks for your interest!
Feb 26, 2020 12:42 am
Hello All!

Just wanted to provide my own endorsement to the GM. Having played with him in a PBP Star Wars campaign (the trusty WEG D6) for nearly a decade or more I can personally attest to the incredible writing and story you will get if you join the game. I myself have/had little (and by little I mean absolute zilch) experience with Warhammer. Helping Ourkid set up and test/proof his info page I couldn't help but join knowing what I would be in store for in the quality of game.

The system seems easy ... the world intriguing and clearly built out from its decades of existence.

Looking forward to playing with ya'll
Feb 26, 2020 12:59 am
Okay by off site can you be more explicit about that -- and why offsite and not here?
Feb 26, 2020 1:21 am
I can host private forums for individual players and generally have a greater run of tools like internal searches. No slight on GP at all, just a particular way I'd like to run the game.
Feb 26, 2020 2:17 am
No offense intended, but seems odd to come to one of the most vibrant, active, and welcoming PbP communities around and join for the purpose of trying to recruit people to go play on your private site.
Feb 26, 2020 2:29 am
Yeah I was wondering about that myself but no one squashed it so I thought maybe it was acceptable
Feb 26, 2020 2:31 am
I think the consensus among users is that if you're not asking people to move their existing activity off GP, then no foul. Keleth would be the sole judge of that.
Last edited February 26, 2020 2:31 am
Feb 26, 2020 2:37 am
Oh, I wasn't implying that this is in violation of any rules. What I really meant to bring up is that this is an established community, with a set of rules everyone agrees to when they sign up and a lot of written and unwritten norms that we tend to rely on, consciously and unconsciously. So if an established member were to issue this invite on the grounds that it would offer some technical stuff that GP isn't capable of, that would be an easier decision - for me, at least - than having someone create an account today to offer that same invitation.

Of course, a member with an existing account did post immediately to vouch for them, so perhaps I should leave it at that. I'm not implying that the OP has anything untoward in mind - I simply thought this was an odd way to do things.
Feb 26, 2020 2:41 am
Ourkid says:
I can host private forums for individual players and generally have a greater run of tools like internal searches. No slight on GP at all, just a particular way I'd like to run the game.
I think the internal searches in itself would be hard to give up once you were used to using it.
Feb 26, 2020 6:34 am
I would be interested, very interested, in getting in a WFRP 4e game, but only if it were being run on GP. Also pretty sure recruiting for offsite games is against the rules I’m afraid
Feb 26, 2020 6:47 am
I think Keleth said once that established members of GP advertising for offsite games is okay but coming to GP just to get players for another platform isn't. But that's for him to sort out when he comes online.
Feb 26, 2020 7:29 am
This is a fantastic campaign - I GM'd it long time ago otherwise I would be interested.
Feb 26, 2020 4:05 pm
I'm locking this, but not deleting it. As bowlofspinach said, I don't mind people who are active here talking about other PbP sites, but I don't appreciate someone coming in to post about another site. I know a number of people here play on other sites, and I think it's healthy that there are is competition, and wholly accept many are better than GP, but advertising activity elsewhere without being a part of this community is tacky.

Thread locked