Savage Worlds Advice

Feb 26, 2020 1:10 am
Okay, here's the deal. I have a race in my homebrewed campaign that are essentially classic pixies; highly magical, winged, and about 6 inches high. RAW, in order to make them that small, I have to use the super-powers rules, which would cost 8 points. But my question is, does that take into account that they are permanently changed? While there are advantages to being that small, there are also a lot of problems inherent that I'm not sure the cost takes into effect (cost of clothing and weapons, etc.). What do you folks think?
Last edited February 26, 2020 1:10 am
Feb 26, 2020 1:13 am
Which version? In SWADE, size -1 is a negative trait rather than a cost.

Granted, Size -4 is 6" tall.
Last edited February 26, 2020 1:19 am
Feb 26, 2020 2:06 am
SWADE. But you can't accrue more than 1 level of Small in either version as a racial trait.
Feb 26, 2020 10:23 pm
It is your game if you want to override that rule you can. Do what makes the game work.
Feb 26, 2020 10:42 pm
I think I made a Pixie race in a DnD game I was running as someone wanted to play one and I simply balanced the race along with the other races (which of course I had to balance as they were not even balanced). So my suggestion is to figure out about what the pros/cons are for being that small are going to be -- list them out -- and decide due they balance or is there a benefit to or determent to that size

For instance they can fly but the spell Gust of Wind is going to be hell on them but in hand to hand combat their are going to be a pain to hit being so small. Their carrying capacity is in the toilet and the damage those little weapons can do is not all that impressive however if they are a spell caster the weapon damage thing becomes very minor. So not only do you have to look at race but the class has to considered as well -- if completely mundane being that size is a disadvantage but being that size and a spell caster can be a major advantage. I know I played a psuedo-dragon familiar once -- I was a pain in the rear -- sometimes literally ;)
Last edited February 26, 2020 10:44 pm
Feb 29, 2020 8:30 pm
Yeah, I know that I can simply rule it as I desire, but I'd eventually like this to be considered for publication and that's a lot more likely to happen if it is RAW. Sage advice, Joker, and you're right. I had not considered the benefits that being that small would give a spellcaster.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.