Group Evaluation

load previous
Apr 17, 2020 11:22 pm
@Kaejae, I think revisiting your evaluation was helpful, I was starting to wonder how to get into the conversation. I think on your empathy trait, [][] would be best for you. Mostly because Dreamblade set empathy at [][][] for possibly being too trustful (which seems to me like a good choice on @Dreamblade's part), but then again, when you look at the invocations and reservations and compare it to when you said about Assertiveness "I'm very ready speak my mind and stand up for others, but more hesitant to do so for myself", it sounds like you might fit the "often" category for Empathy. How often do you feel you use your empathic abilities? Unless it's very often, I still think [][] would be best.

And thanks for the evaluation on my traits, with you and Hootey_Games saying pretty much the same thing, I'll probably lock in my traits sometime this weekend.
Apr 18, 2020 12:41 am
I don't necessarily use my empathic traits, they're just there like radar that's 'almost' always on. It's like a 'vibe' that you get from someone or something. Some examples so you know what I mean:
1) The family was on an outing at a beautiful park on a gorgeous day. Everyone is having a good time, its a perfect day. We're walking across a meadow and there's a little monument out there. As we get closer, I feel panic, an urge to run, no explanation for it. When we get to the monument, it says that this was the place where the ranchers who used to live there slaughtered their animals and buried the remains.
2) Met a co-worker who was extremely charming, nice, helpful, but immediately got this feeling that you can't trust this person, they're dangerous. (That's not my go to read on charming nice people, or anyone for that matter.) Years later, it turns out the person is a narcissistic sociopath who has left a trail of destruction in her pursuit of money and power, and who has bamboozled a lot of people, so now has complete immunity from any unethical behavior, and anyone who says anything about her gets harassed or fired.
3) My dad was seriously ill and I was working about 1-1.5 hours away. I felt it when he died. About 5 minutes later, I got the call.
4) Went away to school (a million years ago) and had to leave my cat at home for 6 months. Every time I called my parents I would ask about him. One day I got a bad feeling, and I could never bring myself to ask about him after that. Next time I went home on break, my parents told me he had disappeared right around the time I got that feeling but didn't want to tell me while I was away at school.

The list goes on. I guess you could say I 'use' it like any other sense - it informs my decisions and actions, although I'm not always sure what its telling me - but I don't have any control over it.
Last edited April 18, 2020 3:25 am
Apr 18, 2020 2:46 am
I see, those seem like hard vibes to have to get. Sorry that happened with your dad.
Apr 18, 2020 1:20 pm
@KaeJae, thank you for sharing a bit of your life with us. I'm glad you felt comfortable doing so. One thing that we will eventually talk about after Session 0 ends is how this game may bring moments like this out of people, and how as a designer, I should be responsibly handling this. Once the game is written, I can no longer have these conversations with players, the book has to do that for me. It will be an important part of the design.

Now back to the fun stuff! @KaeJae, I can immediately tell that you've figured out most, if not all, of your Traits now. The explanations seem dead on. And Falible, I agree with KaeJae about your evaluation. There is not a whole lot that seems very far off. Maybe give it another look like you say and lock it in soon.

Will wait and see what the others post and go from there. Please do continue to chit chat and bring things up if you see something on somebodies sheet you wanna spark a conversation with! Just "@" them if you think of something!
Apr 21, 2020 4:00 pm
End Ok, I'm locking my traits. I have been looking over everyone else's traits and I don't really see much more I can say, but I'll stay in the conversation, hopefully in a helpful way :-)
Apr 21, 2020 6:08 pm
I think I'm good to go as well.
Apr 22, 2020 2:43 pm
Excellent guys! Will give the others a few more days to respond. If we don't hear anything will move on and wrap up Session 0 sometime this weekend.
Apr 23, 2020 4:44 am
I'm thinking I am going to lock my traits as well.
Apr 25, 2020 2:25 pm
Hello everyone! Obviously most of us have completed Steps 1 & 2 of character creation. If you haven't done so already, I encourage you to complete Steps 3 & 4 as well if you haven't already. Once you have all 4 steps completed, submit your character so I can approve them. If you have questions about how to complete character creation, please post them in the Session 0: Setup Thread. I know everyone is probably pretty eager to actually jump into the game and move on from character creation, so we will not be holding a larger feedback session for character creation as first described in Session 0's Thread.

However, if you have some strong feeling about character creation and feel compelled to share any feedback about the process, please do post your thoughts in the Session 0 Thread.

Once everyone has submitted their character, you'll notice a new Session 1 Thread appear where the game will be played.

Thanks for your help thus far everyone! I'm sure everybody is equally both mentally drained and bored to death under quarantine, so it means a-lot that you choose to spend your time helping me!
May 15, 2020 12:26 am
Ok, for flavor, this is what John looks like. He doesn't look like someone who would get scared of aliens, but the world is full of all sorts of people!
May 15, 2020 3:47 pm
So my guess is this is not an actual picture of you. Does this look like you? lol
May 15, 2020 5:42 pm
Haha, that's Anson Mount as Cullen Bohannon in Hell on Wheels. When they make a movie of my life, he'd probably be the best actor to portray me.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.