Godsblood

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 3, 2020 2:07 am
This is a Godsfall campaign.. as in a long game with many multiple sessions/chapters. Please do not apply if you have no time to post at least once a day, or have extended absences in the near future.
Now that is out of the way...
The gods have died, all in a war that spanned multiple dimensions, the Godswar they call it. All the gods died in the span of an hour. At the same time though another war reigned on the mortal plane. A battle between mages, two great mages and their followers, tore through the world of Arkana. The stars fell from the sky in a torrent of fire that destroyed the world, well almost.
It happened almost a century ago, now new gods are on the rise as people begin to place faith in ideals once more. The divine essence of old gods finding new hosts, those with a certain spark they can attune to, but what of their previous vessels?
It is said the blood of a god can do many miraculous things, act as a panacea, make one impervious to mortal weapons. Even create creatures, new lands, or in very rare instances new Gods.
Dead they may be, these bodies are still attuned to the divinity that once coursed through them. Maybe.. just maybe some of the stars that fell during the Gods war, were in fact bodies of the divine.
Rumors have surfaced that people are interested in procuring these corpses. For what ends, no one knows, but what kind of people would desecrate a dead gods final resting place? What kind of people would use the maimed bodies of the dead for their own gain? Maybe you?

We currently have 1 spot open.
Mar 3, 2020 2:10 am
A 5th ed D&D game using all the WotC 5th ed Dungeons and Dragons books, including Ebberon, and Ravnica settings. I will be using Godsfall campaign book for some lore and adjudication. The world setting is of my own development though it does share small similarities with Khalgun, the world of Godsfall. A detailed map was drawn up, and areas are mapped and fleshed out.

Players can use standard point buy or array.

Half races are not allowed by lore.
Elves are born from trees, they are "gender" fluid and most are ambiguous in nature. Though capable of humanoid sexual relations, they are not genetically compatible.
Orcs are an alien race brought to earth by rogue magics long ago. Some even seek to return to their homeworld, despite the Godswar. Though capable of humanoid sexual relations, they are not genetically compatible.
On the flip side though Godsfall races/subraces are available, though some lore may change to implement into campaign.

All classes and subclasses are allowed, though primary magic users are usually shunned or met with open hostility as a result of the Mage Wars. Most common folk believe the Mage Wars caused the Godswar, think Spanish Inquisition..

Magic items are extremely rare and are never sold. Though materials with unique almost magical properties do exist, and can be crafted into unique items. The Artificer's class makes use of magical item properties, it is based on science in this case, not magic.
Mar 3, 2020 2:25 am
Tempting! Do you require prior knowledge of the setting? Access to the campaign book?
Mar 3, 2020 2:28 am
Not really. No. Though you will be missing out on using some of the sub races. Though they are just mainly elves
Mar 3, 2020 2:41 am
I am definitely intrigued. Interested in exploring how a cleric or paladin would live in such a world. Or a warrior with a newly discovered but misunderstood link to the divine (by blood, or through artifact, or whatever).

I am in a bunch of games, as you know. While that won't prevent me from posting daily (barring the unforeseen), I want to give other people a chance to play. Please consider me only if no one else applies.
Mar 3, 2020 3:15 am
Awesome, will do. I would love to have you join. But I'll let others have a chance to reply as well.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.