Interest Check: D&D 5e Adventures in Middle Earth

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 6, 2020 3:57 pm
Hey everyone,

So I decided, even though I’m new to Gamers Plane, that I would like to DM an AiME game. For those unfamiliar, Adventures in Middle Earth (AiME) is a variant of D&D 5e that was created by Cubicle 7 using the Open Game License (OGL) for 5e. In general, it follows most of 5e’s rules but changes up certain things like having species replaced with culture (Rohan, Gondor, Dale, etc.). Players take on the role of one of the good races in Middle Earth adventuring to defeat Sauron. In general, the game replaces alignment as well, so characters are assumed to be someone fighting Sauron because they’re dedicated to defending against him, they want to protect their friends and loved ones, or they want to protect their home. There’s some other minor differences that, if there is an interest, I’d expand upon in the game forum if there’s enough people who want to play.

As for a taste of what I’d be running: the game I would be running would be set in Gondor, around 8 years after Bilbo returned to the Shire with the Ring of Power, and about fifty or so years before Frodo sets off to destroy the One Ring. I would adhere to canon somewhat but if player action causes a major disturbance to canon, we’ll veer off in that direction.

If you’re interested, please let me know. I can run a game for about 4 people.

Thanks,
Vicnet
Mar 6, 2020 3:59 pm
I'd be interested, depending on the pacing.
Mar 6, 2020 4:02 pm
Thanks Falconloft. What do you mean "depending on the pacing?"
Mar 6, 2020 4:10 pm
Woot! Woot! I didn't think I'd probably ever have the chance to PLAY (as a player) in Middle-earth because no one else at my IRL table has the books or even really cares much about Tolkien. So I would be super-stoked to get in on this.
Mar 6, 2020 4:25 pm
I am deeply in love with Tolkien's work and am very appreciative of Emsquared's game which is starting along very nicely, but there's room for another in my life so I would love to join.
Mar 6, 2020 4:47 pm
I would definitely be interested in this
Mar 6, 2020 4:50 pm
Ok. I’ll work on setting up the game with you 4 included, with an additional 5th slot in place for @Falconloft if interested. Awesome to see some interest.
Mar 6, 2020 6:47 pm
Some games like to move really fast and I can't in good conscience join those because I GM several games too, but if it's a matter of posting once a day or so, I can usually handle that.
Mar 6, 2020 7:20 pm
I’ll toss you both in when I get things set up.

Falconloft, I’m an attorney irl so I don’t have the most time either. Once a day is fine pacing for me, if we all move faster that’s awesome, if not I’m ok with once a day.
Mar 6, 2020 8:37 pm
Hi Vic - I've seen you have now put the game up - I would be really keen to play if you can send an invite :-)
Last edited March 6, 2020 8:37 pm
Mar 6, 2020 8:42 pm
I want to get some background forum stuff setup first before I invite anyone. That way I can fix any major mistakes I make in formatting before I invite anyone in. Rest assured you’ll be getting invited. The list I’m working with right now is:
1) emsquared
2) Falconloft
3) Khulod
4) Mr_Winter
5) dankel
6) thatguy2

Once I have some things worked up and have a character sheet squared up, the invites will be sent out. Should be tomorrow evening, at the very latest.
Mar 7, 2020 1:10 pm
I would be interested in this as well, however, it appears I might have missed the boat - by the time I learned of this you had six people intersted already. If there are any vacancies please let me know.
Mar 7, 2020 1:51 pm
Will do Mike! Sorry about that. I had no idea things would fill up so quickly.
Mar 7, 2020 2:49 pm
You just must write a killer interest check post, Vicnet.

I got literally ZERO responses to mine - same system - posted a month and a half ago.

Anyway, I am probably unhealthily excited about this game. Rolled up like 3 different PCs yesterday 😖
Mar 7, 2020 3:59 pm
Thanks emsquared. I know the feeling of excitement one gets going from GM to player.

Invites are sent out guys. Thanks for applying. I'm logging off for the day, but feel free to start rolling characters and let me know if you have any questions.
Mar 7, 2020 6:33 pm
Vicnet, If for some reason you should need a replacement player. PM me, I would be glad to join the game!
Mar 7, 2020 6:42 pm
I’m keeping a list of backups! No worries.
Mar 7, 2020 6:46 pm
If there's too many players for this game and emsquared wanted to run the same game, maybe there are enough people to fill up two games now...
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.