Interest Check: Shadowrun Genesys hack

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 14, 2020 4:18 pm
Always wanted to run a Shadowrun game but never played enough to get really into the mess of a system. Love the setting though so I want to try out the Genesys hack since that's an amazing system. Leave a comment if you're interested.
Mar 14, 2020 5:07 pm
Hello,

Can you brief me a bit about that Genesys System ? I don't know it.

If it's really different from the Shadowrun's system, i could like to give a try.
Mar 14, 2020 5:32 pm
Id be very interested.

I'm familiar with the system from FFG Star Wars, but haven't tried Genesys proper.

Which hack? A brief googling shows at least three different ones.
This one seems the best version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZugRlhH_V_rkSuyCrEnpO3kuOGIBzDDa/view
Mar 14, 2020 6:35 pm
I'd be interested. I'm not familiar with Shadowrun, but am familiar with FFG Star wars system. I have the Genesys core book, just haven't read it yet.
Mar 14, 2020 10:14 pm
I am interested, but I dont know what the genesys hack is
Mar 14, 2020 11:20 pm
Carabas says:
Id be very interested.

I'm familiar with the system from FFG Star Wars, but haven't tried Genesys proper.
Which hack? A brief googling shows at least three different ones.
This one seems the best version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZugRlhH_V_rkSuyCrEnpO3kuOGIBzDDa/view
Yep, that's the correct one.
Mar 14, 2020 11:22 pm
SchadDad says:
I am interested, but I dont know what the genesys hack is
Another poster posted a link if you want to check it out.
Mar 14, 2020 11:23 pm
Delio says:
Hello,

Can you brief me a bit about that Genesys System ? I don't know it.

If it's really different from the Shadowrun's system, i could like to give a try.
Google or YouTube would probably give you better results than I could explain in a forum post :)
Mar 14, 2020 11:42 pm
I'm down. Haven't read thru the hack but familiar with genesys and SR world!
Mar 15, 2020 9:00 am
Ok, thanks, i'm not that much interested.

Have fun.
Mar 15, 2020 3:20 pm
Delio says:
Ok, thanks, i'm not that much interested.

Have fun.
If you, out anyone, just wants to read about the system, you could check out this pdf, which was released for free, by the publisher, on Free RPG Day a few years ago. It's of course as you'll see under the Star Wars setting, but the system is basically identical. It's a great system.
Last edited March 15, 2020 3:20 pm
Mar 15, 2020 5:59 pm
Thanks for the link. I confirm, i'm not a great fan of the system, and that won't do for me.
Mar 16, 2020 10:22 am
If you need one more I'm up for it or I can watch the story unfold.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.