Masks of Nyarlathoteop Interest Check

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 21, 2020 3:09 am
Hi there folks!

After looking on your boards here I have there's not much Cthulhu happening right now, so I figured I'd throw my hat into the ring to see if anyone is interested in running through the old classic Masks of Nyarlathotep, with plenty of custom side content by yours truly. Get back to me if you're interested as I can't really see too much problem with player count due to the fairly lethal nature of the game. Let me know folks and we'll see if we can't get something going.
Mar 21, 2020 5:01 pm
I haven't played much CoC lately. It seems those games die off early. I have several characters already prepared. If you put a game up I'll apply.
Mar 21, 2020 6:22 pm
What core book would I need for this game?
Mar 21, 2020 6:53 pm
I'd be interested, depending on how often we'd need to post.
Mar 21, 2020 8:00 pm
Aldrusian says:
I haven't played much CoC lately. It seems those games die off early. I have several characters already prepared. If you put a game up I'll apply.
If there's sufficient player could I'll start the game right away!
Mar 21, 2020 8:02 pm
Nawashi.Maestro says:
What core book would I need for this game?
I would be using 6th edition but that's the beautiful thing about COC the rules haven't changed that much over the course of the games life so really you can use any rulebook ... even 7th would work assuming you're willing to convert back
Mar 21, 2020 8:03 pm
SphericalSphere1 says:
I'd be interested, depending on how often we'd need to post.
I'd say 2-3 times a week per character.
Mar 21, 2020 8:20 pm
Oh, 6th ed? I've only ever played 7th. I could do 2-3 times a week, though, although I'm already in one of the few CoC games on here so if others want the spot they can definitely have it.
Mar 21, 2020 9:57 pm
Oh man! I wish I was in less games now. I've been looking for this one... I can do it at the moment, but I don't think I can even keep up with all I have once I get back to the office and my screen fully visible for my boss to see :(

Unfortunately, and despite all my denial, I think this campaign is probably too big for me at the moment (and I still have one more quick GMing to start soon). Will it be an open game?
Last edited March 21, 2020 9:58 pm
Mar 21, 2020 11:57 pm
CESN says:
Oh man! I wish I was in less games now. I've been looking for this one... I can do it at the moment, but I don't think I can even keep up with all I have once I get back to the office and my screen fully visible for my boss to see :(
Yeah Cthulhu has a high mortality rate so I suspect a certain amount of attrition
Unfortunately, and despite all my denial, I think this campaign is probably too big for me at the moment (and I still have one more quick GMing to start soon). Will it be an open game?
Mar 22, 2020 5:46 pm
Nothing wrong with more Cthulhu. I currently have three going ( just ended my fourth) and I know Santouche has some boiling away.
Mar 23, 2020 10:09 am
Never played CoC despite it being one of the first RPGs I ever bought and being a big Lovecraft fan (mainly because my gaming group were very much a dungeon crawl type).

I'd love to play if you still have places.
Mar 23, 2020 1:11 pm
I have five going right now, if you count Delta Green. Have you looked at the 7th Edition re-release of MoN, Paladune? It's pretty awesome, and running the current edition might help pick up some folks who are familiar with 7E but nervous about having to learn an older ruleset (as similar as they are).

There have been a LOT of folks joining up with interest in CoC over the past 2-3 weeks - I've had more applications to my games in that amount of time than I probably had in the whole 2 years I've been on the site prior to that. I'd suggest setting the game up and leaving it open. I'd be shocked if you didn't get applications from people who don't check the Games Tavern, but keep up with the new games that get listed.
Mar 29, 2020 4:17 am
I would be a brand new player, but have been looking for a CoC game IRL and have come to the PbP world to find something to play. I promise to be a quick learner.
Apr 1, 2020 8:40 pm
If there's still space I would be up for exercising my CoC muscles.
Apr 5, 2020 8:26 pm
I'm interested. Reasonably familiar with 6th edn.
Apr 7, 2020 3:38 am
We haven't seen or heard anything from Paladune in over two weeks.
Apr 7, 2020 3:51 am
Ah fair. That's a shame. I would offer to try and run something but I think it's best I get some pbp experience first.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.