Isekai Hero Academy recruiting (Fate Core)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 24, 2020 5:52 am
HI! I'm looking for players interested in a Fate Core game inspired by My Hero Academia with an isekai twist. PCs were from the "real world" that we all exist in, but woke up in a "10-minutes-in-the-future" mega-city with superpowers and now they attend school and train to be heroes. Names and faces have been changed from the anime/manga, but if you read/watched it, you get the idea. The story will revolve around what happened and how the PCs got to this world and into these teenage bodies, while also dealing with classes, training and fighting villains.

I'm keeping things simple rules wise, Venture City on the SRD explains Quirks. One change in the skills area because players and PCs will know nothing about the history of the Superhero world. If you're interested, come check it out.

Game info and sign up
Mar 24, 2020 7:23 am
Will you accept an experienced role-player but someone fairly new to Fate Core?
Mar 24, 2020 9:44 am
I might be interested. As an anime fan and, like DeJoker, an experienced roleplayer, this sounds like it could be fun. Also have no idea about Fate though, so I'll give it a read.

For the record though, if you're ever running something similar in the future, you might wanna take a look at OVA. It's a simple system built for running stuff like this!
Mar 24, 2020 12:11 pm
I've applied. I'm a big fan of fate and I'm familiar with the venture city rules. I also just watched a bunch of mha and thought the whole way how well it would fit a fate game so this feels like really good timing. I'm open to playing anything but I'm considering a character that steals luck related to a particular action from enemies and gives it to allies
Mar 24, 2020 2:42 pm
DeJoker says:
Will you accept an experienced role-player but someone fairly new to Fate Core?
Of course! Fate is a simple game to pick up, which is a big part of the appeal to me. Newcomers are always welcome.
Bleak says:
I might be interested. As an anime fan and, like DeJoker, an experienced roleplayer, this sounds like it could be fun. Also have no idea about Fate though, so I'll give it a read.

For the record though, if you're ever running something similar in the future, you might wanna take a look at OVA. It's a simple system built for running stuff like this!
Again, welcome! I'm always happy to answer questions. Fate is on the "story game" side of the spectrum, compared to say the likes of D&D or Pathfinder which I've seen referred to as "simulation game" because of the rules. Personally for me Story always comes first in RPG, so it that distinction doesn't hold a lot of weight with me. But Fate is more about "Rule of Cool" than "Do the Rules Allow". I am passingly familiar with OVA. I have a pdf of the book I think, but only read through it once a long time ago and haven't played it. I think Fate does a pretty good job of portraying anime levels of action though.
naelick says:
I've applied. I'm a big fan of fate and I'm familiar with the venture city rules. I also just watched a bunch of mha and thought the whole way how well it would fit a fate game so this feels like really good timing. I'm open to playing anything but I'm considering a character that steals luck related to a particular action from enemies and gives it to allies
Cool, welcome aboard! I like that idea for a Quirk, I was looking over the Venture City power catalog and it seems like you could easily do something like this by tweaking Power Nullification and Power Amplification...we just change the word Power to Luck, maybe make the drawback something like "requires someone to be Unlucky before Lucky can be given out" We can hash it out in the forum.
Mar 26, 2020 3:46 pm
This interests me, I know nothing about the ruleset but since I’m stuck self isolating for another week and a bit I have some time on my hands.
Mar 26, 2020 4:06 pm
@Emberskyes - The rules can be found on this site the Fate SRD. You'll want to read the Fate CORE section (as opposed to the Fate Accelerated which is the same basic concept but structured a little differently). After that you go to the Venture City section. You don't need a lot from the Venture City section, as it mostly just gives examples of how to build superpowers. If you are familiar with My Hero Academia and how their Quirks are structured, you can just tell me what you want your Quirk to do and I give suggestions on how to build it. And new Fate players are not a problem, it's a simple concept and I like teaching it.
May 10, 2020 2:39 am
Hello! This game looks really interesting; I've heard good things about FATE, though I'm new to it myself and am reading through the SRD now. It nice to see you welcoming newcomers here. If you're okay with someone pretty new to both the system and this website, I love MHA and really like the idea behind this game!
May 10, 2020 8:47 am
Interested, and like others I have no experience with Fate, but I'm willing to learn.
May 11, 2020 4:45 am
FYI this is a bit of a grave dig. The interest call went out in March.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.