how to post as game master.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 26, 2020 11:13 pm
hi i'm trying to post my adventure but the post as part keeps saying player not game master. can you post as a game master? just wondering. i'm kind of new.
Mar 26, 2020 11:16 pm
Can you tell us more about what you have done? Have you created a new game?
Mar 26, 2020 11:22 pm
Moonbeam says:
Can you tell us more about what you have done? Have you created a new game?
well i'm using a game i made, but haven't played yet. why?
Mar 26, 2020 11:25 pm
No, I mean have you created a game here on GP? Because if you create a game on this site, I'm not sure how it doesn't show you as the GM.
Mar 26, 2020 11:26 pm
Moonbeam says:
No, I mean have you created a game here on GP? Because if you create a game on this site, I'm not sure how it doesn't show you as the GM.
you never been a GM before?
Mar 26, 2020 11:28 pm
Yes, I have. That's why I'm saying that you have to create a game on GP. Then you have to create a forum in that game. When you post in that forum, you are recognized by the system as the GM of that game. So I have to think that I'm misunderstanding what you're asking.
Mar 26, 2020 11:29 pm
When it says "Player", it means post under your GP site player handle. If you want a separate option for posting as a GM, you have to create it manually as an NPC and add it to your game (I do this for all my games).

Players in your game will have the same "Player" option, as well as the option to post as their character in the game.
Last edited March 26, 2020 11:29 pm
Mar 26, 2020 11:41 pm
Santouche says:
When it says "Player", it means post under your GP site player handle. If you want a separate option for posting as a GM, you have to create it manually as an NPC and add it to your game (I do this for all my games).

Players in your game will have the same "Player" option, as well as the option to post as their character in the game.
how do i create an npc?
Mar 26, 2020 11:45 pm
Go to Characters All
.... Create a New Character using the system you plan to use
.... Give them a name and an Avatar (the rest if you want to)
.... Save
Go to Games All
.... Go to the Game you created
.... Add the character to the game
Now you can create posts as that NPC
If you really want to make it an NPC (which I see no difference currently) go back to Characters and select the Options icon on that character then change PC to NPC
Mar 26, 2020 11:48 pm
DeJoker says:
Go to Characters All
.... Create a New Character using the system you plan to use
.... Give them a name and an Avatar (the rest if you want to)
.... Save
Go to Games All
.... Go to the Game you created
.... Add the character to the game
Now you can create posts as that NPC
If you really want to make it an NPC (which I see no difference currently) go back to Characters and select the Options icon on that character then change PC to NPC
thanks.
Mar 26, 2020 11:48 pm
If you are the game master for a game you've created, the forums will automatically label you as the GM. You can add character sheets to your game just like a player, and if you "Post As" that character sheet, their name and avatar will appear. Your name will still show as the GM, even if you choose that method.
Mar 26, 2020 11:53 pm
ok now im trying to create the adventure but the post as button is gone. what happened?
Mar 27, 2020 1:58 am
"Post As" will only appear if you've added another character sheet. Otherwise, much like this thread, you will just post as yourself.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.