Just out of Curiosity...

Mar 29, 2020 2:39 am
I am certain that you folks can separate character knowledge from player knowledge (at least, I would hope so), but I am curious as to how many of you are familiar with these old adventures. You are under no obligation to tell me, of course, but I'd like to know who is experiencing them for the first time, or the first time in a long time, or who has played or read them recently. I'm not saying that all of these will be used, but I am curious.

U1 The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh
U2 Danger at Dunwater
U3 The Final Enemy

A1 Slave Pits of the Undercity
A2 Secret of the Slaver's Stockade
A3 Assault on the Aerie of the Slave Lords
A4 In the Dungeons of the Slave Lords

I1 Dwellers of the Forbidden City
I2 Tomb of the Lizard King
I3 Pharaoh
I4 Oasis of thre White Palm
I5 Lost Tomb of Martek

C1 The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan
C2 The Ghost Tower of Inverness

S3 Expedition to the Barrier Peaks
S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojocanth

G1 Steading of the Hill Giant Chief
G2 Glacial Rift of the Frost Giant Jarl
G3 Halls of the Fire Giant King

D1 Descent into the Depths of the Earth
D2 Shrine of the Kuo-Toa
D3 Vault of the Drow

Q1 Queen of the Demonweb Pits

EX1 Dungeonland
EX2 The Land Beyond the Magic Mirror
Mar 29, 2020 3:41 am
I have read nearly all of them years and years ago, but I really don't remember much at all.
Mar 29, 2020 5:59 am
I’ve read most of them some 20 years ago. I played trough the A-series even earlier than that. I am currently running or getting ready to run both G1 and C1, however. I hope that isn’t a problem.
Mar 29, 2020 6:15 am
I'm not familiar with any of them - when I played a lot we tended to play in 'homebrews', with GMs creating their own worlds etc.
Mar 29, 2020 6:58 am
I played U1 The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh & I2 Tomb of the Lizard King back in the mid to late 80's. Ran by two different DMs from unrelated gaming groups. I have a very vague recollection of both of them.
Mar 29, 2020 2:57 pm
I have played some, read some...but it may of been thirty years, so I will of forgotten more than I'll remember. I can certainly remain ignorant of much of what's going on - well you'll see it on display during play.
Mar 29, 2020 4:12 pm
matmaisan says:
I’ve read most of them some 20 years ago. I played trough the A-series even earlier than that. I am currently running or getting ready to run both G1 and C1, however. I hope that isn’t a problem.
No, no problem at all. As I said, I'm sure that you can separate player knowledge and character knowledge and not spoil it for the others. There is no guarantee that we will even play C1, or that we will make it as far as the G-series (though I certainly hope to do so).
Mar 29, 2020 8:43 pm
I recognize the names of several of them but it's been 30 plus years since I've actually looked at any of them. I may even have a copy of The Lost Tomb of Martek lying around the house somewhere.
Apr 5, 2020 6:00 pm
Since this game doesn't really have a OOC thread, so I will use this one as one. Griffo will move on to the next room once he sees that all the other PCs are there. Let me know when that is the case.
Apr 8, 2020 6:27 pm
I feel like there's a lot of confusion as to where people are. There were a couple people who said they were with Griffo, but then entered the house after Tezhra entered, but she only entered because everyone had posted (except for the wizard) that they were with Griffo who was already at the door to the next room.

With as many people as we have, it might be good to determine a marching order of sorts, and then just save our posts for things we think are interesting and/or required rolls.

Thoughts?
Apr 9, 2020 12:41 am
Falconloft says:
I feel like there's a lot of confusion as to where people are. There were a couple people who said they were with Griffo, but then entered the house after Tezhra entered, but she only entered because everyone had posted (except for the wizard) that they were with Griffo who was already at the door to the next room.

With as many people as we have, it might be good to determine a marching order of sorts, and then just save our posts for things we think are interesting and/or required rolls.

Thoughts?
This is a rather good idea. We could be acting over a 24 hour period, so this couldn't hurt. I'll go tail-end Charlie.
Apr 9, 2020 1:08 am
You know were my PC Griffo is. Logic would dictate that those who are frontline fighters would come next.
Apr 9, 2020 2:32 pm
The magic-user needs canon-fodder both ahead and behind. Particularly so in AD&D 1st ed.
Apr 9, 2020 2:39 pm
Tezhra's second last then.
Apr 9, 2020 10:19 pm
Venemar's behind Fenix at the front, by the door, waiting for the signal to go in the room.
Apr 15, 2020 12:01 am
If PCs want to charge in, that is fine with me. As being careful was getting a little tedious. My PC will be behind them all the way! :)
Apr 16, 2020 1:51 pm
wulfnor says:
Washing his hands of the situation. The Halfling moves to the back of the group. Deciding to let events unfold as they may. He had gotten them that far. Time for somebody else to tow the line.
So, would you all prefer that I tone down the contemptuous elderly scholar schtick for now?

AD&D 1e M-U at early levels are glass cannons. I'm compensating his lack of tactical effectiveness / usefulness with generous servings of personality, but I fully understand that the purpose of the game is for everyone to have fun. So if his antics are grating any of you the wrong way, just let me know and I'll mute his internal monologue.

I'm just posting that stuff IC to experiment with his personality and to create intra-party tensions / opportunities for role-playing on the margins of the dungeon-crawling. But I can perfectly understand that his rudeness may come across annoyingly, including OOC.
Last edited April 16, 2020 2:17 pm
Apr 16, 2020 5:47 pm
Bran will poke the old spell caster in the ribs with his elbow and make a motion with his hands that obviously means "squelch".
Feb 26, 2021 7:21 pm
Ok so I want to have Clayde try and open the locked chests. But I cannot find the roll I need to make. Is it a percentile roll? His skill is listed as 39%. Or do I roll a d20?
Feb 26, 2021 8:44 pm
Yes you roll a d100, and have to roll equal to, or less than 39%. You may also roll for find traps, which is a separate skill...
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.