Chaosium announces Organized Play for CoC 7e

Feb 24, 2016 5:22 pm
Chaosium Inc has announced an upcoming Organized Play for Call of Cthulhu 7e. I think this is pretty cool, providing people a way to jump in quick games. Given it'll be free, it'll also give more people exposure to CoC, and to Chaosium in general.

Anyone interested in this? I'm thinking of reaching out to Chaosium to make sure running this over PbP would be ok.
Feb 27, 2016 9:38 pm
I'd be interested in hearing more, but it does seem like a PbP was not considered when they wrote up this information.
Feb 27, 2016 11:07 pm
Coincidentally, NerdUnfiltered and I both reached out to different people at Chaosium about
1) Is PbP allowed?
2) Can he do one of this PbP -> Radio Drama podcasts with it.

On both accounts the answer is: yes! So assuming we have CoC fans who are signing up for the OP, I'd love to see games on GP!
Feb 28, 2016 2:14 am
Absolutely interested. Did they have a preference for public vs. private threads for the Organized Play games?

PS- I can't bring myself to abbreviate it as 'OP,' as that will always be "Over-Powered" to me.
Feb 28, 2016 2:36 am
OP also reads original post or poster for me. But they didn't express an opinion to private or public threads. I'll ask if there is a preference.
Feb 28, 2016 3:37 am
Got a response. They don't care about public or private, as long as any public content has clear notices so people can vlavoid spoilers.
Feb 28, 2016 3:57 am
I am so tempted to sign up, but I just know that I wouldn't be able to keep up on it.

Call of Cthulhu is one of my white whales.
May 15, 2016 10:26 pm
Chapter two has just been released. Things are heating up for our group currently on Chapter one!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.