Interest Check - d20 Future

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 30, 2020 3:20 am
Might there be any interest in a d20 Future campaign that borrows liberally from multiple settings, including Star Frontiers, Alternity, GURPS, Buck Rogers XXV, and Dragonstar? I'm not quite ready to start, but I thought I would gauge interest. The setting is sometime in the distant future, centered about the Sol system and nearby stars ("nearby" being within about 20 parsecs). Mankind has stepped to the stars and discovered that they are not the only being out there. Far from it! Many alien races are friendly, or at least, not hostile. This is not true for all, though. Some, like the Sathar, lust for the conquest of the galaxy, while others, such as the mysterious and deadly Verms, seem to exist simply to kill. Into all of this comes the United Planetary Federation, a loose alliance of like-minded species who believe that there is room enough for everyone. Mankind (and other races) travel through the stars with the help of the Space-Time Algorithmic Relocation Drive (or STARDrive). Your "mission" is to explore strange new worlds, seek out new life, and new civilizations, and keep the bad guys from achieving their goals.

Members of the UPF include humans, the insect-like vrusk, the gelatinous dralasites, the tiny cidi, the technologically advanced mechalus, the lizard-like t'sa, the fierce weren, the short and sturdy ifshnit, and the cat-like pershala. You can also choose to play a gennie (which is slang for a genetically-altered human), or a "synner" (slang for synthetic lifeform). And of course, there is still plenty to discover out there. If playing close to home gets boring, we'll expand our borders a bit.
Mar 30, 2020 5:50 pm
you will find your players no doubt about it. I could be one :)
Mar 30, 2020 9:42 pm
I haven't played it in about 15 years, but I would be interested in playing as well.
Mar 31, 2020 12:56 pm
I used to love playing the d20 Modern settings (Future, Adventure, Dark*Matter, and Urban Arcana). I haven't played in a long time, and would appreciate the chance. You can count me in when you're ready to start it up.
Apr 7, 2020 6:21 am
This sounds pretty interesting. I'd be interested in trying it out!
Apr 10, 2020 8:52 pm
Okay, a minor change in plans. Well, actually kind of a major change. I will be making several original species for use in the game, rather than relying on the work of others. I hope that doesn't put anyone off, but I would like to build a "Player's Handbook" for the game and doing so will be difficult if I use the established races, all of which are the intellectual property of others. Some will be similar, but not identical to existing races; others will be entirely new. I loved Alternity and Star Frontiers, but I think in this case originality might be the better way to go. The downside is that it's going to take me a bit longer to prepare the document so when I get closer to being ready, I'll advertise again.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.