Can't access my user profile

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 3, 2020 8:38 am
As the thread title says, I can't access my user profile. It randomly started happening yesterday and then I saw that it happened to LightOfMidnight as well, so I just wanted to know if an Admin can fix it? And maybe if anyone might know what the issue is created by?
Apr 3, 2020 8:42 am
That is strange. I can't access yours as well but I can mine and a couple of others I tested. When did you and LightOfMidnight join? Maybe Keleth did something just before that :D
Apr 3, 2020 12:41 pm
I joined on Tuesday and, judging by his introduction post, LightOfMidnight joined Wednesday
Apr 3, 2020 1:14 pm
Hi, I signed up early Tuesday/late Monday depending on timezones got around to posting on Wednesday.

Glad to know it's not just me with the problem. Just tried to access yours Sassafras and yeah I get the same as with mine, but no problem with older members profiles.
Apr 3, 2020 1:20 pm
I can access some newer members profiles though, and I used to be able to access mine as well. Don't know if it was after I made an edit to it maybe? Did you ever get to make any edits to yours?
Apr 3, 2020 1:55 pm
No, but again I signed up then only came back a day or so later while more awake, and that was Wednesday.
Apr 4, 2020 5:38 am
Ok, found it, was basically my being unclear on how birthdays should be entered. You both did DD/MM/YYYY, which is fine for your respective locales. Being a stupid American, I assumed everyone would do MM/DD/YYYY. I'll add more clarity to this when I can, but for now, we'll call this a known bug with a workaround.
Apr 4, 2020 7:00 am
Ah okay, that makes sense. Thanks for fixing it 😁👍
Apr 4, 2020 7:01 am
A selectbox for the month, maybe Keleth ?
Apr 4, 2020 7:02 am
Keleth says:
Ok, found it, was basically my being unclear on how birthdays should be entered. You both did DD/MM/YYYY, which is fine for your respective locales. Being a stupid American, I assumed everyone would do MM/DD/YYYY. I'll add more clarity to this when I can, but for now, we'll call this a known bug with a workaround.
Oh there is your problem :)
I work with databases, data analysis and the like. I know how much trouble data entry can cause
Apr 4, 2020 12:25 pm
I've always wondered why people here in the US like the MM/DD/YYYY format for dates. To me, it makes more sense for YYYY/MM/DD.
Last edited April 4, 2020 12:26 pm
Apr 4, 2020 1:07 pm
Can't disagree with Linus here.

From the largest unit of measurement to the smallest.
Apr 4, 2020 2:36 pm
Ah interesting. That's the last thing I would have guessed. Yeah I'm used to entry fields telling me I'm wrong if they want the american format.

Thanks for fixing it :)
Apr 4, 2020 3:39 pm
Delio says:

For me it's about sequential numbers. 20190101 is the first day of the year 2019. So, for me at least, it's obvious that November 3rd would be much later in the sequence. 20191103 follows that logic. At least that's how I see it.
Apr 4, 2020 3:46 pm
Linus says:
Delio says:

For me it's about sequential numbers. 20190101 is the first day of the year 2019. So, for me at least, it's obvious that November 3rd would be much later in the sequence. 20191103 follows that logic. At least that's how I see it.
The only way to put dates into alphabetical order. So i agree with you.
Apr 4, 2020 3:52 pm
Now, Chaotic Evil would be YYYYDDMM
Apr 4, 2020 4:01 pm
May I propose YDYMYMYD
Apr 4, 2020 4:02 pm
Roll your dice for suggestions.
Apr 5, 2020 2:51 am
Actually, I noticed that I have placeholders that indicate which is the month and which is the year, so unless those placeholders aren't showing, not my fault :p
Apr 5, 2020 3:23 am
Fair enough, I may have been blind :P PBCAK

You do not have permission to post in this thread.