Old gamer, new to GP

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 29, 2016 11:12 pm
Hi guys and Wow what a community!

I thought I'd introduce myself a little more thoroughly here. My name's Craig and I go by Knifesedge or Knifesedgegames all over the web. I've been GMing tabletop games since 1982 and started my own play by mail games in 1987. Knifesedge PBMs have existed in one form or another since eventually moving to email in the late 90's.

My most recent website to host all the games was http://www.craiglockley.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk (which still has all the old info) and from there we changed the format to play by forum post but with the birth of my daughter, time became short and the games pretty much dried up. I held on to one campaign, a Call of Cthulhu one that still runs sporadically today and works more on a blog as I lost the guy that hosted our forum. If you want to take a look through what my remaining players are doing, they have recently started the old Shadows of Yog Sothoth campaign though it's a lot slower pace that many of you are probably used to! http://knifesedgegames.blogspot.co.uk

So now my daughter is five and in school im looking to expand again. I plan to redo my site and Potentially run something through GP , it looks like a great venue to return to Pbp! I have some ideas of games I'd like to run, and might even drag out some old 80's rule sets.

For now I've signed up and I'll get to know the place, it looks awesome!

Craig aka Knifesedge
Feb 29, 2016 11:20 pm
Welcome KnifesEdge! It was a pleasure talking with you over email and glad to see this post. Is CoC probably where you'll start?
Feb 29, 2016 11:20 pm
Welcome! I'm a fan of 80s rulesets myself! I'll be starting a Star Frontiers game soon.
Feb 29, 2016 11:57 pm
Hi Craig! Fellow long time gamer myself. With your background in dedicated PbP, I'm sure you'll be an amazing addition to our community!
Mar 1, 2016 12:01 am
Keleth says:
Welcome KnifesEdge! It was a pleasure talking with you over email and glad to see this post. Is CoC probably where you'll start?
Possibly. If not the new Organised Play campaign, then I'm toying with Achtung! Cthulhu. Or maybe both!
Mar 1, 2016 12:24 am
Hello and welcome!
Mar 1, 2016 12:38 am
Knifesedgegames says:
Keleth says:
Possibly. If not the new Organised Play campaign, then I'm toying with Achtung! Cthulhu. Or maybe both!
I don't have Achtung! Cthulhu up yet, but if you decide to start up a game, you can be sure I'll work on that!
Mar 1, 2016 1:17 am
Welcome to the fun house! :)
Mar 1, 2016 1:21 am
Welcom and have a blast with the ganes
Mar 1, 2016 9:10 am
Keleth says:
Knifesedgegames says:
Keleth says:
I don't have Achtung! Cthulhu up yet, but if you decide to start up a game, you can be sure I'll work on that!
It works based one CoC 6 so can't imagine you'd need to do much
Mar 1, 2016 6:42 pm
Welcome to the community!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.