Adventures in Middle Earth - Wilderland Campaign

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 10, 2020 11:28 am
Hi all

I'm taking my first venture into DMing on Gamers Plane by opening an AIME game based on the Wilderland campaign. I've promised some places to players who were waiting for another AIME game to start and for friend who I know is interested but there will be places available to join.

Be gentle with me as a newbie PBM DM!
Apr 10, 2020 1:35 pm
Hey! How many spots are you looking at? I've played AIME once before, and enjoyed it, but the campaign was cut short. I'd love to play again!

EDIT: I was wrong, I played One Ring, but I'm still interested in getting down on some Middle Earth!
Last edited April 10, 2020 2:30 pm
Apr 10, 2020 1:43 pm
This sounds pretty cool! It's based on 5e systemwise, right?
Apr 10, 2020 3:26 pm
it is based on 5e with some tweaking of the rules to fit the LOTR setting. Players will need access to the AIME players guide to create characters.
Apr 10, 2020 7:16 pm
Count me as being interested!
Apr 10, 2020 8:31 pm
Me too, I am very interested.
Apr 13, 2020 6:48 pm
dankel, I would be in, but my schedule just changed, so I'd better not take on another game just now. Thanks for running this though.
Apr 16, 2020 5:11 pm
If I can be a Mirkwood elf, I'm all over it! :)
May 12, 2020 12:25 am
I'm intrigued! Is it too late to express interest? I don't have a copy of AIME, but I can find one.
May 12, 2020 6:25 am
Sorry, the game is up and running now :-(
May 12, 2020 3:18 pm
All good! I knew it was a long shot but I figured it was worth asking.
Mar 12, 2021 7:43 pm
Hi all
This game has been running for almost a year and due to player attrition we are now down to two players. I am looking for four players to join the game.
This game is Adventures In Middle Earth, which is D&D 5e adapted to fit the Lord of the Rings setting and is set in Wilderland, around five years after the Battle of Five Armies.
Currently the player characters (or Hero's as they are referred to in Adventures in Middle Earth) are in Woodland Hall, after a journey through Mirkwood and this would be a good point for new players to join.

Players can start their characters at level 2 as that is the level of the characters already in the game. Anyone joining would have to have to access to the Adventures in Middle Earth Players Guide and be aware that the game is set in the LOTR and is trying to stay true to the lore of that world.
Mar 12, 2021 9:07 pm
Hi dankel I would be interested in joining this
Mar 13, 2021 5:58 am
I have never played 5e before but I would be interested in joining.

Just picked up the Adventures in Middle Earth players guide and the 5e players guide.
Last edited March 13, 2021 6:01 am
Mar 13, 2021 7:52 pm
Thanks both - I am just waiting for more players to join before I do anything.
Mar 13, 2021 10:37 pm
Hi DM, I'd love to join the game
Mar 20, 2021 1:06 pm
I was waiting for a while to see if any other players expressed an interest but the thread has gone quiet for a few days. So the three of you who've expressed an interest are:

DeJoker
Rizzozii
therecusant
Which gives us five players as there are two players already in the game, Mike and Thatguy2.

I have a busy week ahead as we are having our bathroom completely renovated so my postings might be slightly delayed but I will be sending out game invites and talking to you all about character generation.

The existing characters have just gone up to level 2 so I will allow the three of you to start at level 2.

Currently in the party we have a Wonderer (equivalent to a Ranger) and a Warrior.
Mar 20, 2021 4:22 pm
Okay saw this will get on this. Applied to the game as well.
Last edited March 20, 2021 6:13 pm
Mar 20, 2021 6:02 pm
Sounds great , looking forward to it Dankel.
Last edited March 20, 2021 6:03 pm
Mar 20, 2021 8:02 pm
Great stuff! Looking forward to this :-)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.