[D&D 5e] Looking for another 1-2 players

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 27, 2020 1:14 am
Addendum

Much of what's in the OP still stands. We've had two players ghost sadly. One started posting and then stopped without a word, while the other just didn't join or get back to me about anything that's happened.

I'll be looking for up to another two (2) people to join the game. Currently, we have a monk/rogue, paladin, and a wizard.

If there are any questions, please feel free to ask.
Hey there everyone, LegionChimera here.

As the thread says, I'm looking for between four to five players for a game I'm running. The three that were in it have not replied for some time and I would like to keep it alive if possible.
The story so far...

A group of four individuals accepted a request at the behest of a mayor who is trying to find out the cause of missing miners, as well as the possible root of a mysterious illness that had gripped many of the families of the miners. The group ran into a zealous group from some form of cult, known as the Hand of God, who were chasing down a shifter that had escaped the gruesome fate the rest of his colony were subjected to: complete eradication. The opposition was quickly culled and a youth that was amongst their ranks was convinced to change his ways. The shifter went on to the town the party had left from.

Entering the mines, the party was assaulted by what seemed to be the miners, though zombified somehow. After reaching the cavein that had both protected and imprisoned the miners, the party left with the miners, two new party members, along with the realization that what was being mined was doing the foul disease and transformed the foes in the cavern.

During their rest in the Miner's hut/stockpile, the youth known as Tobias let it be known that his previous group had come from an occupied city that was essentially bring held hostage until all that lived there submitted to their beliefs. In the next few days, the party returned to the town of New Haven from which they had set off from and were let known that there were some suspicious individuals going around.

Unfortunately, the party went missing after visiting a tavern for some food and drink.
The story will pick up a day or two after the disappearance of the previous party, save Tobias who was somewhere else at the time.

I'd like to see some ideas/concepts, but if you wanna make your sheet, go ahead!

The generation details are thus:
* 4d6, drop lowest
* Level 3
* Free starting feat, so no variant humans
* Feats are otherwise allowed
* Any Wotc or CR(Critical Role) classes and subclasses are allowed
* Same goes for races, excluding: aarakocra, gith, grung, kalashtar, loxodon, simic hybrid, Triton, vedalken, and yuan-ti pureblood
* Standard starting equipment

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here, pm me through GP, or even Discord for swifter answers.

I look forward to seeing who wishes to join!

P.S. Rolling is allowed in this thread
Last edited July 8, 2020 3:42 pm
Apr 27, 2020 2:23 am
I would be interested. Possibly a rogue and/or shadow monk, part of a lawful good group/monastery, who uses stealth and infiltration to take down evil groups. So possibly chasing the Hand of God to find out their plans to report back or see if she can interfere with them. Other idea would be arch fey warlock, who's not entirely aware of what her patron wants, except they seem weak and are slowly trying to gather strength and followers.
Apr 27, 2020 3:12 am
I've had this idea to play a half-elf Battle Master fighter/College of Swords Bard. His motivation is to make a name for himself and found a "world famous" mercenary company, so this party will be first recruitment attempt. At the start of this he would just be a fighter and start multiclassing at 4th.
Apr 27, 2020 5:07 am
I would love to join a game like this. A character I have a few concepts in mind, but it really depends on how I roll.

EDIT:

4d6 - ( 6, 2, 4, 3 ) = 13
4d6 - ( 2, 2, 1, 6 ) = 10
4d6 - ( 6, 5, 4, 6 ) = 17
4d6 - ( 5, 5, 4, 1 ) = 14
4d6 - ( 1, 5, 1, 1 ) = 7
4d6 - ( 3, 1, 2, 3 ) = 8

Okay, my concept is an oath of redemption black Dragonborn paladin named Lakh Rohgken, with a pirate background. The gist of his backstory is that he was a dull, murderous douche until his ship sacked a temple of the good-aligned sea god of this world, and he felt drawn to a suit of armor in the temple, so he took it. After being mesmerized by the shininess of the armor.
One night, the holy emblem began to glow a bright light blue color, and memories of the people he murdered flooded his mind. He felt compelled to take the armor and wear it, and leave the life behind, taking upon himself an oath of redemption for his past crimes.

If you like, I can link to the DNDBeyond character sheet.
Last edited April 27, 2020 5:25 am

Rolls

Abilities (highest 3 of 4d6) - (4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6)

4d6 : (6243) = 15

4d6 : (2216) = 11

4d6 : (6546) = 21

4d6 : (5541) = 15

4d6 : (1511) = 8

4d6 : (3123) = 9

Apr 27, 2020 9:19 am
I would be interested - would like to play a human Barbarian/Sorcerer (wild magic)
Apr 27, 2020 8:15 pm
@HeroAmongstMen That's certainly an interesting background, but that strikes me as a character not exactly fit for in-land.

@dankel That sounds like a combo I'd love to see in action. I've been toying with a similar combo in my mind.

@Dreamblade Seems like an interesting idea
Apr 27, 2020 8:18 pm
I see him as starting as a barbarian but the wild magic is inside him and he learns to control his abilities (up to a point of course, it is wild magic)
At level 3 I would have him as a Sorcerer 2/Barbarian 1
Last edited April 27, 2020 8:19 pm
Apr 27, 2020 8:26 pm
I'll throw some dice and work on a sheet, though don't have dnd beyond.

Edit: 12, 11, 12, 11, 11, 18. That...that's interesting, especially as I had been planning half-orc. Rogue monks are totally strength based right? :P.
Edit 2: Just realised that with strength based half orc the multi classing wouldn't actually be possible, so doing a hunt. Possibly changeling fits in with the theme.
Edit 3: Finally decided on a ghostwise halfling I think, unless I do go for the warlock instead.
Last edited April 27, 2020 9:55 pm

Rolls

Stats - (4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6)

4d6 : (4153) = 13

4d6 : (6213) = 12

4d6 : (3613) = 13

4d6 : (3352) = 13

4d6 : (5331) = 12

4d6 : (6664) = 22

Apr 27, 2020 9:16 pm
LegionChimera7 says:
@HeroAmongstMen That's certainly an interesting background, but that strikes me as a character not exactly fit for in-land.
Well, a pirate who stopped pirating to convert to a traveling missionary for good makes for interesting role play and conversation. Also, since he is trying to leave his past and his crew, moving inland works for his Schlick, the way I see it.

Obviously, it is your game, and you can reject the concept. I can think of another concept, if you would prefer.
Apr 27, 2020 10:26 pm
I would be interested as well. I am thinking of having a wizard, but would be guided by the DM if there were too many spellcasters etc. If the character was a wizard I was thinking of a failed academic as a backstory. Devoted a large chunk of his life to something that was a spectacular flop and he's trying to live down the embarassment and regain his self-respect by doing something worthwhile.
Last edited April 29, 2020 9:31 pm
Apr 28, 2020 12:34 am
Rolling to start character

Rolls

stats - (4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6)

4d6 : (3214) = 10

4d6 : (5243) = 14

4d6 : (4561) = 16

4d6 : (3225) = 12

4d6 : (4662) = 18

4d6 : (6312) = 12

Apr 28, 2020 2:05 am
Hey. I'm new to this site, so pardon me if I'm making any faux pas. I would be interested in joining this game as well if you still have space.
Apr 28, 2020 6:14 pm
Hi LegionChimera7, just wondering if you could provide a link to the game.
Apr 28, 2020 7:33 pm
I don't know if the game has started yet, I couldn't see it on the list of games. I will be interested if LegionChimera does go ahead with the game.
Apr 28, 2020 9:58 pm
The game is ongoing, the forum is just private for the time being. I'm also attempting to overhaul the forum, so info will be quite jumbled. Especially with the end of my semester this week, I'm busy juggling this, work, and school.

I'll just go ahead and say that I'm liking what I'm seeing everyone, and again thank you for showing interest.

@hero That would make some good sense then, a paladin is always a good idea to bring.

I'll also make the addendum that if anyone wishes to they may reroll up to two(2) stats. I'm just chuckling to myself after seeing the way Light's rolls came up.

Also, just to sum things up for everyone, I see that we have: a paladin, sorcer/barb, wizard, fighter/bard, and then whatever it is LightOfMidnight chooses.

Also, @ADangerousFrog, you commit no faux pas. You're doing it right. I haven't picked anyone to play yet, so it's fair game to apply. I just need to know what kind of character you want to play.
Apr 28, 2020 10:14 pm
Monk/rogue looks like the build as a lot of charisma up there already.

The question is do I risk rerolling because knowing my luck they'll be 8s or something....

What I am saying, whenever there's an option to roll I'll roll. Naturally two of the 11's.

Rolls

Rerolling - (4d6, 4d6)

4d6 : (4212) = 9

4d6 : (4246) = 16

Apr 28, 2020 10:26 pm
So I'm looking at joining if you have room. My character concept would be a witch hunter in pursuit of this Hand of God cultist. I would be a hex blade/ war mage, not sure on race yet and not worried about what my rolls would be unless I peaked your intrest.
Apr 28, 2020 11:02 pm
I'm going to roll before deciding on a character.

So, my stats are 12, 14, 9, 13, 16, 14, and rerolling the 2 lowest brings it to 1212, 14, 915, 13, 16, 14.

I'm just now realizing that rerolling before I even saw my original six doesn't really make sense, but it worked out.

I think I wanna play a ranger/cleric. Probably a wood elf. A sage protector of people, who is motivated in large part by altruism. Definitely a team player, realizing that having many companions makes work easier. A realist, but also optimistic.
Last edited April 28, 2020 11:31 pm

Rolls

Stats - (4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6)

4d6 : (1435) = 13

4d6 : (4462) = 16

4d6 : (2413) = 10

4d6 : (2265) = 15

4d6 : (4655) = 20

4d6 : (4643) = 17

Preemptive rerolls - (4d6, 4d6)

4d6 : (1336) = 13

4d6 : (5545) = 19

Apr 29, 2020 1:25 am
Okay so with the re-roll half-orc is back to being feasible, so my final concept:

Ruuna is a young half-orc who grew up having to fend for herself mostly, and quickly learned that she could play on peoples assumption of half-orcs being dumb to get them to let down their guard and let her get away with their possessions.

She was recruited by the Bonumbra monastery, a sect of monks who used secrecy and the way of shadows to discretly deal with threats and cults without causing public panic, or unnecessary bloodshed, often infiltration them to take down from the inside. They often recruited street urchins, finding they often had already picked up some of the skill needed, and were often willing to try for a more fulfilling life.

Ruuna's first solo mission is to investigate reports of the Hand of God, and she if she can find any details if there is a high ranking member in the area. If there is an opening she is to try and dismantle their actions in the area, if not she is to report back so more experienced members of the monastery can be sent.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.