What if I said Top Secret?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 30, 2020 4:47 am
Not Top Secret S.I., but good old Top Secret, warts and all? Would there be any interest? This would be less a campaign and more a collection of several disconnected adventures, but would anyone play?
Apr 30, 2020 5:40 am
What is it? Top Secret, to me, is a hilarious mid 1980s Val Kilmer movie.
Apr 30, 2020 6:06 am
Top Secret was an espionage role-playing game published by TSR in the mid-80s. It had some hiccoughs but it was a lot of fun to play and had some good adventures! More info
Last edited April 30, 2020 6:09 am
Apr 30, 2020 3:40 pm
Wow! I had forgotten about this game. One of my group was obsessed with it in the 80's . Not my cup of tea, but wish you luck with it!
Apr 30, 2020 4:06 pm
Someone in our group bought the box set, and we tried our hand at it circa 1984. I remember reading the John Gardner James Bond books at the same time and trying to pepper as much of that into my character as I could. The other thing I remember is having difficulty trying to adjust our teenage D&D minds to the idea of not trying to engage in to-the-death combat with everyone we suspected of being an enemy!

Unfortunately, working from home has left me with even less free time than I had before the virus. I'd love to lurk, though, if you get the game going and make it public!
Apr 30, 2020 4:19 pm
I loved this game. D&D, Star Frontiers, Gamma World and Top Secret were the main games I played back in the day.
Apr 30, 2020 4:58 pm
McDunno says:
I'd love to lurk, though, if you get the game going and make it public!
It will be public if it goes. That's one interested, possibly two. I'd like to have at least four. Anyone else?
Apr 30, 2020 5:10 pm
Sure. Count me in.
Apr 30, 2020 5:31 pm
I'd love too, but I think I just filled up for a while. If it continues, maybe I can jump in later on.
Apr 30, 2020 5:41 pm
I’d be up for giving it a shot
Apr 30, 2020 6:59 pm
I would like to play some old school Top Secret.
Apr 30, 2020 8:03 pm
Character creation details are at this link. Maps will be handled through Roll20, for convenience, though I will attempt to be descriptive enough that maps should not be necessary.
May 3, 2020 3:19 am
Still seeking secret agents, no experience necessary. It's an old game, but a goodie.
May 3, 2020 3:31 pm
Jumping in here to say now that's a blast from the past! Your mentioning it brings back memories, and also the James Bond RPG running around in the same era.
May 3, 2020 4:13 pm
We played Top Secret once, back in the early 80s. A friends older brother ran it for us. I remember the scenario had to do with a plot involving the Sarajevo Olympics (which hadn't occurred yet).

We didn't get to play the game again, and there wasn't anywhere to buy RPGs in our small town, so we made our own James Bond style game from scratch.
May 4, 2020 4:40 pm
My favorite homebrew adventure I've ever run was one that was set in Pompeii. I had a National Geographic that had a detailed article on the city (not to mention I have visited it in real-life) and provided a map. The agents were in a running firefight while trying desperately to avoid damaging artifacts.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.