Interest Check: Magic the Gathering RPG

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
May 17, 2020 9:16 am
Oh man, I forgot about Lot5R. Blast from the past, man. :)

Len

May 17, 2020 6:27 pm
Not to derail the thread too badly, but you might enjoy Matt Colville's video on reminiscing on the Lot5R ccg.
May 18, 2020 3:39 pm
Okay, so brief retcon here. There's a LOT going on in Alara and I'm never going to get it right.

So, two options:
- I run Alara pre-Conflux and just do whatever the hell I want with the story.
- We choose one from the following settings I know well: Innistrad, Ravnica, Kamigawa, Mirrodin.

Len

May 18, 2020 5:39 pm
Thanks for the efforts you've put in so far Falconloft. I am entirely okay with our Alara differing from any published details. I don't know that much about Alara anyway, so I probably won't even notice and you certainly won't get any "well ackshually" from me.

If it is your will or will of the group to switch to a different setting from that list, my votes would be for Kamigawa or Mirrodin in that order.

Len

May 18, 2020 5:51 pm
For Alara, it might be worthwhile narrowing it to a single shard. Perhaps we are PCs from various shards exploring the deadly jungles of Jund.

"Swords of the Shards vs. The Deadly Jungles of Jund" has a great pulpy ring to it.

But any Shard could be an awesome place to set an adventure. It could spiral off to other shards if you find you are liking it, or just be a standalone and then try something else.
May 18, 2020 7:17 pm
That's sort of what I was going to do if we kept Alara. So... with that in mind, I'll have something set up shortly.
May 18, 2020 7:18 pm
Sounds good! I be a waiting to try this out.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.