WANTED: Daring Volunteers

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 23, 2020 8:23 pm
WANTED: Four daring volunteers for a science experiment. You will not be paid, but there are fringe benefits and I promise you an exciting time such as you have never experienced! Success is the betterment of humanity. NDAs will be required, and secrecy is expected. Inquire in person to Dr. Julianna Archivist, 353 West Elk Avenue, Glendale, CA 91208. Serious inquiries only, please. Phone: 747-555-3726.

So reads the advertisement in the LA Times. Would you be one of those willing to take a risk? If so, create a 150-point, modern-day 4th edition GURPS character, including a brief introduction telling about yourself and your background and skills that you would use to introduce yourself to Dr. Archivist. No magical skills or psionic abilities, all characters are human. This will be a realistic campaign (at least at the start; after that, well, we'll see what happens!). Aside from that, no restrictions. So long as you don't go over 150 points, have fun! You may have up to -40 points in disadvantages.

EDIT: Sorry, that should be -75 in disadvantages.

EDIT EDIT: You can get a copy of GURPS Lite for free here. This gives you an overview of the system and provides enough data to create a basic character.
Last edited May 24, 2020 2:42 am
May 24, 2020 4:48 pm
The game can be found here.
May 24, 2020 4:55 pm
I have applied. Come join the adventure.
May 25, 2020 4:40 pm
I have applied. Now to figure out character I want to play. Working in the yard today will be good for some inner brainstorming.
May 25, 2020 7:11 pm
Application sent. Working on character tonight/tomorrow morning. (Thinking of doing an all-nighter gaming online so plenty of time.
May 25, 2020 8:26 pm
Applied! I thought I needed a character sheet first. Oops!
May 25, 2020 8:47 pm
That's four! The recruitment phase is over.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.