Forest Extreme

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 27, 2020 3:46 pm
I have 4 slots availible and the 7 following for them.

B1GxM1CH, lenpelletier, sq10e, LightOfMidnight, evecar_solaris, OctopusGLZ, and theeyetyrant.

Love to have some info to help me decide what to do here.
May 27, 2020 3:51 pm
Have everyone create a character and make them battle to the death. The last four standing get the slots 😆
May 27, 2020 4:01 pm
I'll drop. I was only going to apply if there was space.
Edit: Is there a way to tell who applied first
Last edited May 27, 2020 4:01 pm
May 27, 2020 4:14 pm
Also realise double posting, but want to make sure to spy the new addition:

May pm and see who's new/who's in games etc. Priority to those without one.
I know some also do character interviews as such.
May 27, 2020 4:26 pm
Will try to remember to tell you what the final choice is. LOL. Yeah. bowlofspinach. Nice thought but would take too long. Hate to see so many make characters just to be told no. Outline thought isn't so bad.
May 27, 2020 4:57 pm
You could have them pitch a character concept, and choose the four best who look like they'll fit each other and the setting best.
May 27, 2020 5:21 pm
That has been my thoughts Qralloq. I haven't seen any pitches. I did however expand that game description some today. And wouldn't turn down LightOfMidnight with a pitch either.
Last edited May 27, 2020 5:22 pm
May 27, 2020 6:21 pm
evecar_solaris is now throwing something in. That now leaves 3 open slots as he is taking one of them.
Last edited May 27, 2020 6:32 pm
May 27, 2020 8:10 pm
Two others of the 7 now are showing interest and moving to fill the last 3 slots. Looks like heavy on the warlocks now.
May 27, 2020 9:23 pm
I generally take take a random 4 of the 7 and keep the other 3 in queue in case one of the 4 disappears

What I do not do is make them compete for a position as that is not really fair for them and besides a good GM works with their players to help them make a quality character that fits the game better and that means anyone can fit that bill

Lastly I have been on forums where they do that application thing, GMs requesting players to spend time creating a character that they may not get to use because the GM feels they are worth that kind of effort when in reality most of the time they are not even close to being that good and some of them are worse in that after all that effort by the players they still disappear into the void or lose interest in their own game

So what did I do -- I just took my concept and made a 2nd game ;)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.