Recruiting: General Special Interests Club

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 2, 2020 4:23 pm
Link to the game.

Checking interest for a school themed horror mystery game using a modified version of the Year Zero engine.

Your school, prestigious and well funded, lies in a basin, said to be rich with energy and positioned perfectly in sync with the earth. Ley line, Feng Shui, and other geomancer enthusiasts make it a point to visit the area, to the point of being nuisances.

Although nobody attending school takes the "earth energies" seriously, it's true that odd phenomenon have been happening at the school, and a fair number have witnessed them. People disappearing, glimpses of unnatural creatures, spaces appearing where there were none before.

Grabbing onto that lingering curiosity of the unknown, an annoyingly peppy person has roped students from different cliques into her club, the "General Special Interests Club". Thinly disguised as an ordinary club, the General Special Interests Club investigates these strange happenings, and delve into the mysteries of the school.

Depending on what players want, this could go more towards Stranger Things or Persona style. If the tone is more Stranger Things, the fiction will be more grounded (you're all normal people), and have more of an investigative tone with little combat. If the tone is more Persona, there will be more fantastical elements, and there will be a heavier focus on combat.

The general location of the school is also up in the air for players to choose.
Last edited June 2, 2020 11:42 pm
Jun 2, 2020 5:47 pm
This does sound interesting. I'll toss my hat in.
Jun 2, 2020 11:31 pm
Created the game. I'm still accepting players, as there's plenty of space.
Jun 2, 2020 11:37 pm
How easy is it to get a copy of game system without cash?
Jun 2, 2020 11:41 pm
I wrote the rules for this game based off of the Year Zero engine, so you don't have to hunt anything down, since I'll eventually post it in the forum.
Jun 2, 2020 11:42 pm
Hmmm.. well then count me as interested.. I haven't done horror forever.
Jun 2, 2020 11:43 pm
I've invited you.

To those interested, I've also posted the game link in the first post of this thread.
Jun 3, 2020 8:14 pm
Colour me intrigued.
Last edited June 3, 2020 8:14 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.