Giving Tuesday: June 2, 2020

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 2, 2020 7:16 pm
So let's try this again. Each week I will be donating $50 to a charity based on suggestions from the community. You are all welcome to suggest groups, and I will pick one. If I don't find one I can believe in or who I find through research is not a good place to donate to, I will donate to another charity of my own choosing.

Between now and midnight EST, feel free to give me your suggestions for organizations who need funds right now, in direct support of the on-going protests only, and I will be donating $250 to that cause. If I can't think of anything by this evening, I will donate to a bailout find (I'm having trouble finding ones that need it right now, due to the large number of donations). In this case, I will also be happy to donate $50 for up to 5 Black content creators and should there be any remaining, that to a charity.
Jun 2, 2020 7:25 pm
Here's an updated list of jail support funds and whatnot. If folks on the site are looking for ways to help, it's a great, vetted list organized by location, with lots of options to directly support frontline protesters (as well as bail/legal support funds and other community-led activist organizations).
Jun 2, 2020 8:08 pm
You could also donate to some sort of fund to help black business owners who have had their businesses destroyed during the riots.
Jun 2, 2020 8:50 pm
Naatkinson says:
You could also donate to some sort of fund to help black business owners who have had their businesses destroyed during the riots.
Good idea, I'll see if I can find something.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.