Holiday gaming

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 21, 2014 5:05 am
So fellow geeks/nerds, the holidays are coming up. There are a variety of holidays packed into this time of year, and even if you don't celebrate any of them, its a nice time to take a break and visit family/friends.

What do you guys have planned for the holiday season? Any special plans? And of course, the more important question: what gaming does your holiday season have coming up? Any new games you're looking to buy or hoping to get? New games you want to try?

My family/family friends get together for Christmas, though being Indian, we don't celebrate it religiously. Its a nice time to get together, exchange gifts, and just hang out together. We always do a secret santa, as among 30+ people, individual gifts would be crazy.

I just received my copy of Zombicide Season 3 (apparently they decided to ship part of the Kickstarter early, so yeh!), and received the core set + 2 ships of the X-Wing miniatures game. I also got my Tin Mint games from subQuark (great guy to follow on Twitter), and still have my copies of Takenoko and Warparty to play. One of my friends has the Pandemic card game, as well as King of New York and has just gotten Imperial Assault, a game I am looking VERY forward to playing. Its a lot of games, not much time, and I'm hoping I can get two game nights in. My game group is unfortunately more sporadic, so hard to say.
Dec 21, 2014 5:25 am
My in-person game group is tentatively restarting in January!
Dec 21, 2014 3:03 pm
Friday night we wrapped up the first story arc in my Victorian Age: Vampire game, so I need to work on writing material for arc #2. Hopefully we can get together again on Jan. 2. Last night we had a great session playing D&D 3.5, but we won't get together again for 3 weeks, but I have tons of work to do to set up our next campaign using Changeling: The Lost in a couple months. Next weekend we're out of town. So two weeks off and the only gaming I'll probably do is Uno with my daughter (age 8).

Or, maybe I can get my wife and daughter to make characters in The Secrets of Cats for Fate!
Last edited December 21, 2014 3:05 pm
Dec 21, 2014 3:32 pm
Mother in law is in town, so last night we played Machi Koro and Martian Dice. Two quick and fairly easy games to play. Tonight we're going to play Cartagena and Pandemic (mother in law's favorite). She was also nice enough to pick me up a copy of 'Doctor Who Limited Edition Rulebook' and I kind of gave her a basic run down of what it's like to play an RPG. Might have her on the hook for a game sometime in the future!
Dec 21, 2014 4:59 pm
Sadly my gaming is limited to what we do here on GP. A few weeks back my friend Ank came down and we did tons of WH40k. We are looking to get some games going over Vassal going forward. Besides that I play on a rugby team where I live and we have been doing a lot of practice preparing for our next game in February but were off for two weeks now. For the holiday were hitting up my mother's house for the Eve and my mother in law's for the day. Kids are going to love this Christmas.
Dec 22, 2014 5:10 am
I have a ton of family (In-Laws) coming into town and we probably won't play anything other than maybe a poker night, though getting to use my clay chips is always a pleasure. Other than that its all computer games for me, Hearthstone and I may pick up Destiny to play with an old co-worker that just got an Xbox.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.